Turn on thread page Beta

Are there any quick ways of getting a degree? watch

ReputationRep:
    I posted this somewhere else but anyway.......... are there any quicker ways of getting a degree (instead of the usual 3 years)?
    I messed up 2 years of my current degree because it was the wrong course for me. I have found another course that I am interested in but I don't wanna spend another 3 years doing it.

So are there any quick ways? Even if they're abroad or if you gotta work from home or gotta pay money etc.

EDITED TO SAY - I thought I messed up this year of my degree, but turns out I haven't! But I'm still interested in these quick degrees...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crescendo)
    I posted this somewhere else but anyway.......... are there any quicker ways of getting a degree (instead of the usual 3 years)?
    I messed up 2 years of my current degree because it was the wrong course for me. I have found another course that I am interested in but I don't wanna spend another 3 years doing it.

So are there any quick ways? Even if they're abroad or if you gotta work from home or gotta pay money etc.
    University of Buckingham do 2 year degrees, its a private university though so will cost more than any other in the UK.

ReputationRep:

there are some 1 year courses check out ucas.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    Some universities may let you straight onto the second year of a course if you have relevant qualifications or experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Some universities may let you straight onto the second year of a course if you have relevant qualifications or experience.
    Even the third year in some cases i believe.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just finish the course your doing, then do a Masters in something better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tev)
    Can't you just finish the course your doing, then do a Masters in something better?
    The thing is if hes not enjoying it its doubtful hel get a grade good enough to get into a masters course.

ReputationRep:

And your current degree is.....?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you could dab into an online degree of some kind, they might be shorter than usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    there are some 1 year courses check out ucas.ac.uk
    You mean a course that would take into account his/her existing credit?

Or is there somewhere that claims to grant degrees from scratch in one year? If such exist, they wouldn't be worth the paper they're printed on imho.

ReputationRep:
    During a degree at university, the year only lasts from the beginning of October to mid-May (about 8 months). Multipy that by 3 (for a 3 year degree), then that equals 24 months, which is 2 years.

So there must be places out there that offer 1.5-2 year degrees. Online is probably the best bet but I don't know any sites....... I'm searching though.

ReputationRep:
    i'd have thought there are some degrees that last for 2 years but they are prob at private unis where u have to pay

ReputationRep:
    Online is probably the best bet but I don't know any sites....... I'm searching though.
    UoL external programme?

ReputationRep:

EDITED TO SAY - I thought I messed up this year of my degree, but turns out I haven't! But I'm still interested in these quick degrees...
    What's your current degree? And what do you want to change to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a maths degree but I'm interested in economics. I'm still browsing prospectuses at the moment to see what I really want to do.

On a side note........ I was just watching 'Good Will Hunting' the other day, and if Will, being a mathematical genius, wanted to get a degree then would he have to go through 3 years, or would there be a special quick course for geniuses like him..... :confused:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.