The Student Room Group

WJEC Statistics S1 14th June 2017

Hi everyone,

I haven't seen a thread for this exam yet so I decided to make one.

How are you all feeling for this exam?

If you've previously sat it and are resitting/did well in it before, any tips?

Thanks in advance everyone :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Lets just hope Hannah and her sweets don't come up
Original post by Welshstig
Lets just hope Hannah and her sweets don't come up

Ini :laugh:
Does anyone know how to do 6c? Mark scheme doesn't explain it too well: http://jacktilson.net/edu/maths/pastpapers/s1/s1-june-2011.pdf
Nvm lol, I think I got it, such a weird question though...
Hoping it isnt too difficult, S1 is my best one xD
Original post by BeccAhhh
Hoping it isnt too difficult, S1 is my best one xD

I've always found stats the hardest tbf so was just gonna rely on C1 and C2 to average out my grade nicely to an A but I completely screwed C2 up so I've had to work really hard to understand stats in attempt to save my grade :colondollar:
Original post by em_lj
I've always found stats the hardest tbf so was just gonna rely on C1 and C2 to average out my grade nicely to an A but I completely screwed C2 up so I've had to work really hard to understand stats in attempt to save my grade :colondollar:

I'm relying on S1 to boost my marks a bit because I missed a few marks in C3 D: and C4 is not my best at all D:
I'm relying on S1 to boost my marks a bit because I missed a few marks in C3 D: and C4 is not my best at all D:

Ohhh right I see, let's hope we both do well then :redface:
Original post by Welshstig
Does anyone know how to do 6c? Mark scheme doesn't explain it too well: http://jacktilson.net/edu/maths/pastpapers/s1/s1-june-2011.pdf

Use the Probability you got in B) and multiply that by the probability of tossing that coin once and getting head. Then add this to (1-answer in b) ) multiplied by probability of this going getting a head.
Good luck today !
Good luck today !

Thanks, you too! Good luck everyone! :smile:
How did it go??
Original post by em_lj
How did it go??

I thought it went really well , I did struggle on the bit for finding N for the no errors in random pages bit and the probability question for the F(x) bit but I think I got there in the end. How about you ?
I thought it went really well , I did struggle on the bit for finding N for the no errors in random pages bit and the probability question for the F(x) bit but I think I got there in the end. How about you ?

Exactly the same as me, I found those questions a bit weird but the whole paper went fab otherwise :smile:
Reply 15
One of my best friends did it. Please make a unofficial mark scheme:biggrin:
Who else got n=6 (number of pages) ?
Reply 17
Any of you go Cardiff High?
Original post by nathanwjec
Who else got n=6 (number of pages) ?

I got n=8 ?
Original post by bazbing2000
I got n=8 ?

What about your expression for Pn? I had a term to the power of n for mine then used logarithms to find n.

Quick Reply

Latest