The Student Room Group

Eduqas Biology A level June 12 Paper Discussion A400U10-1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frxnkxe
did anyone else feel like there wasn't enough time to finish properly??

YES i think i left two whole pages worth of questions blank fmllllllll
because figuring out what the **** the question was asking took ages

Original post by random1997
Also, someone posted this on twitter: 'Asking for the definition of total viable count is like asking for the definition of an obligate facultative anaerobe #wjec #eduqasbiology

I was literally sat there thinking exactly the same thing!

i thought the same thing i just took it as viable count so i just put r count of all living colonies (?)
Reply 21
felt like david attenborough wrote that exam with all the bloody beavers and squirrels
well I'm glad everyone on here found it hard because everyone at my college thought it wasn't that bad. It's an actual joke that my teacher literally skimmed over planetary boundaries in 10 minutes because he didn't see how they could make a question about it and compare that to the fact that we spent like 3 weeks on secession for some reason and it didn't come up at all.
Original post by Segsation
well I'm glad everyone on here found it hard because everyone at my college thought it wasn't that bad. It's an actual joke that my teacher literally skimmed over planetary boundaries in 10 minutes because he didn't see how they could make a question about it and compare that to the fact that we spent like 3 weeks on secession for some reason and it didn't come up at all.

I found that the people who did AS exams last year and said that it was an ok exam actually did worse than those who said it was hard. That's my college anyway, so who knows 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scribblez135
I found that the people who did AS exams last year and said that it was an ok exam actually did worse than those who said it was hard. That's my college anyway, so who knows 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i know exactly what you mean! It's the people that revised so little that they don't even know what they don't know and how bad their answers are. They're the most annoying people ever coming out of an exam like this.
Reply 25
What did you all get for the answers to the best squirrel maths questions??
Original post by chlo17e
What did you all get for the answers to the best squirrel maths questions??
I got 94 but I know of people who got 1 so not sure what to think😂
Reply 27
Original post by Jamiec194
I got 94 but I know of people who got 1 so not sure what to think😂

I fitness 1080, 513(I think ) and 1
Reply 28
Original post by chlo17e

I got that too, but put 0.94, didn't even think to round to 1
Original post by chlo17e

I got 1080, 514? and like 500 for the third one? I cant surely be just one ****ing squirrel in a god damn hectare?
Original post by money-for-all
I got 1080, 514? and like 500 for the third one? I cant surely be just one ****ing squirrel in a god damn hectare?

That's what I thought but I googled it and there's actually a squirrel fact pages that says about 1 per hectare, I got 94 but it should've been 0.94 hoping for the ecf marks there
Reply 31
Did anyone get the compartmentalisation part of the essay? Never heard the word in my life
I thought the compartmentalisation was to do with separating things in the mitochondria and chloroplast because thats important for the chemiosmotic gradients.. Was a guess though
Didn't like the first question at all! What was good about re-introducing european beavers?
Reply 34
Original post by Dan Milik
I thought the compartmentalisation was to do with separating things in the mitochondria and chloroplast because thats important for the chemiosmotic gradients.. Was a guess though

Ahhh yeah that makes sense
Reply 35
Original post by Dan Milik
Didn't like the first question at all! What was good about re-introducing european beavers?

I thought it was about increasing the gene pool so breeding programmes can be set up but I really don't know?
Just checked. The phrase 'cellular compartmentalisation' was never mentioned in ANY of my revision notes, the revision guides, or even the exam syllabus. Prove me wrong if I missed anything, but I wouldn't consider this 'fair practice' for a 9-mark question...
Original post by FlattenedRabbit
Just checked. The phrase 'cellular compartmentalisation' was never mentioned in ANY of my revision notes, the revision guides, or even the exam syllabus. Prove me wrong if I missed anything, but I wouldn't consider this 'fair practice' for a 9-mark question...

Lol
Tbh that wasn't even the worst part of the paper
Hey i did the paper, i dont think i did very well, i put no biology knowlege on the first page i jsut repeated myself about how beavers might fell too many trees or cause flooding and that management of the dams they build need to be considered, load of **** probs got no marks. I also messed up the NAD question and i dont think i put enough detail into the 4/5 markers as i was running low on time but i did at least understand all of those questions. I got the maths wrong and a few other 1 marker silly errors. I finished it yes, how did you and everone else find it? grade boundaries lower or higher as I need an A but i dont think i got above 70%
hey guys i also got 0.94 squirrels, i dont see why u would need to round to 1 as its like calcualting a mean, I hope the grade boundaries are lower than 70% cuz i defo lost 30 marks or more :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending