The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Would you raise corporation tax higher than you proposed this election if you were in power?
please make sure there is a second election.labour needs to win
How did you feel when you realised your campaign flipped many Tory seats?

And, if you do win the next election (fingers crossed!), how will you approach Trump's political ideology and actions he has taken thus far for the Special Relationship to remain intact?

JC4PM!
Dear Mr Corbyn,

If you were to abolish tuiton fees, would you need to increase or add another tax? I have recently heard that the labour party might add in a so called "garden tax".
Original post by Captain Jack
x

Instead to intending to abolish tuition fees, would it not be more appropriate to simply reduce them from the status quo?
Alright chief I'm wondering what you'll go about doing in relation to the conflict in Syria when May and co are back in power.
Cheers

Very excited to confirm....
Leader of the Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn, is coming to TSR!

o-JEREMY-CORBYN-facebook.jpg

Following last week's General Election, Jeremy Corbyn will be answering your questions.

What do you want to ask the Labour leader?

Post your questions below

Dear Mr. Corbyn,
Congratulations on your successes in the election, and thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.
How do you propose you get your alternative Queen's Speech through parliament and which parties will you work with to get it through?
Original post by feministy
I very much doubt it.
Doesn't she believe in 'girl jobs' and 'boy jobs'?

You don't know what you're talking about.
You took your time responding to poor @Captain Jack…! Glad to see you decided to come on TSR, though. It's great to see you engaging with the student community.

My question to you is this: You're very popular amongst young people and your campaign caught our attention, causing many of us to go out and vote. What do you think of the popular culture/'memes' that you feature in? Have you seen them? What do you think about the way young people are engaging with politics - especially in popular culture?
Reply 49
Mr. Corbyn, why do you refuse to say the words "The IRA were terrorists that killed innocent people"?
Secondly, why does your party think they have won the election, when you got around 50 seats less than the Conservatives?
Lastly, could you set aside some of you £137K salary to buy a suit that actually fits you?
Mr Corbyn,

Congratulations on your large gains in the election.

As you are not the prime minister, and your party is not the largest, how much of your manifesto are we likely to see put into action? If any, are there certain parts of your manifesto we can expect to see pushed in Parliament?
Mr Corbyn,
What is your favorite film?
Original post by Mat10101
Dear Mr Corbyn,
I am aware that you are against nuclear weapons (and I respect and to a high degree agree with you) but aren't you worried how this will affect the "understanding of mutual destruction"? Even if you won't use them, they do seem like good insurance.

Our nuclear power is inconsequential in comparison to our allies (i.e the US), the money saved (roughly £1.86bn annually) would be more beneficial if spent else where in my opinion.

I can see why others would disagree though.
Can you be our PM please?
Mr Corbyn,

Would you support the removal of passports and the banning of the return of British citizens who fight for ISIS?

How will you realistically fund an free tuition without raising taxes?

As Prime Minister would you pledge to support Israel in its fight against terrorism?

How would you resolve the housing crisis?

Secretly, just a tiny bit, do you like communism?

If N Korea fired a nuke at us would you respond in kin?

Why did you take it upon yourself to conduct diplomacy with the IRA despite not being in a government?

Do you think it is legitimate for individuals to earn above 100k? If so will you turn down the full salary as prime minister?

Do you think inheritance is a legitimate form of wealth, if not why don't you support Theresa Mays "dementia tax"?

Why do you think so many working class life long labour voters have voted UKIP and Conservative in the past two elections?

Will you promise to open the doors to all refugees?

Do you think its acceptable for both yourself and your Son to go to Grammar school yet still support getting rid of them?

Do you have a problem with streaming in schools, if not why dont you support Grammar Schools?

If you where in charge would you close down grammar schools or just convert them into comprehensives, if so what would you do about towns who would then have to many schools?

Are you opposed to people owning shotguns and firearms, under licence, for use in sport, hunting and pest control?

would you address the concerns of many who feel that the Hunting act is unfairly and wrongly worded?

Do you, like the conservatives, believe the best way to deal with knife crime is to ban knifes?

These are just a few questions I have and I hope you could answer just a few of them.
Dear Mr. Corbyn,

What are your views on the DUP's plans for the revival of the death penalty (pun intended) and the threat which this exhibits?

Thanks for taking your time to consider the opinion of us students.
Given the current state of affairs (UK election result as well as major global problems e.g. refugees, climate change etc.), what's your plan for the upcoming months/years? What are your priorities, and how are you planning to achieve them?

Very excited to confirm....
Leader of the Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn, is coming to TSR!

o-JEREMY-CORBYN-facebook.jpg

Following last week's General Election, Jeremy Corbyn will be answering your questions.

What do you want to ask the Labour leader?

Post your questions below

Dear Jeremy,

I'd just like to say I am so proud of the positive direction the labour party is going atm and the gravias you've shown in your campaign - you give me genuine hope for a future I can look forward to.

My question is how did you carry on leading the labour party, fighting for your beliefs (specifically on matters such as trident) and campaigning when the PLP, political commentators and 80% newspapers always doubted you?

Thank you
What steps are you taking oppose Theresa May's plans to form a minority government.

BTW I THINK YR REALLY AWESOME 😂😂

Latest

Trending

Trending