The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Chemistry Paper 2 predictions?

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well! (don't worry we're nearly at the end!) Just wondering whether you guys know if there are any topics that are likely to come up in the exam. Our school did this for the biology and physics exam (like sent us a version of the spec, but one that had the topics that came up crossed out/highlighted), but our chemsitry department is completely useless :frown:
IDK im just studying the whole spec! since i forgot what came in p1. SMH
Hope all your exams went well! Good luck on your remaining ones! I am am myself, very worried and anxious about my results. I hope everything will be good. Inshalla
Original post by Sanzmatic
Hope all your exams went well! Good luck on your remaining ones! I am am myself, very worried and anxious about my results. I hope everything will be good. Inshalla

That's very nice of you :smile:
Chemistry is tomorrow - good luck!
I am a little stressed about it though - hopefully, it will be easy - Chem is my favourite science!
Original post by Dewpider
Hey guys, hope you're all doing well! (don't worry we're nearly at the end!) Just wondering whether you guys know if there are any topics that are likely to come up in the exam. Our school did this for the biology and physics exam (like sent us a version of the spec, but one that had the topics that came up crossed out/highlighted), but our chemsitry department is completely useless :frown:

whats predicted to come up in the physics?
Reply 5
guys don't trust this dude he has value 0 reps meaning he trying ti ask you for your rep

watch out for ppl like this
i'm feeling giant structures could come up, as well as empirical formula since that wasn't on the first paper?? oh and electrolysis of brine, uses of polymers, the contact process (like making sulfuric acid), extracting aluminium, titrations... OH yeah, and making ethanol could come up too (like the differences between fermentation and ethene&steam), perhaps more anion and cation tests
forgot to mention electrolysis of aqueous solutions too - anyone else got any other ideas???
Anyone got an exhaustive list of the colour changes we need to know?
Reply 9
this is what our school gave us, not sure how accurate it is tho

The periodic table, and how to use it to work out atomic structure, including electron arrangements in shells etc.

Hydrocarbons use as fuels, balanced equations for complete & incomplete combustion, air pollution, global warming etc; Condensation polymers

Ionic and covalent bonding define/describe/explain. Dot/cross diagrams, simple molecules and intermolecular forces, giant/lattice structures & their properties –diamond & graphite questions.

Electrolysis was not mentioned even once on paper 1.

Mole Calculations not on paper 1: empirical & molecular formulae; theoretical & % yields; volumes of gases; titrations; electrolysis calculations (Q = I x t etc)

Energy calculations: DH = bonds broken bonds formed; calorimetry (Energy transferred = mcDT, and DH = kJ/Moles)

Definitions of acid/base/salt & reactions of acids (only mentioned a tiny bit on paper 1).

Methods of preparing salts & solubility of salts

Group 1: reactions and reactivity; describe & explain group trends using ideas about atomic structure (increasing distance of outer shells from nucleus, shielding, decreasing nuclear attraction etc.)

Reactivity series & metal displacements.

Nothing about Noble gases, their inertness and uses.

Reversible reactions were on paper 1, but not the Haber or Contact process, and the compromises in conditions used in industry

Alcohols: the pros & cons of the two different methods of making alcohols in industry.

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by esmewj
this is what our school gave us, not sure how accurate it is tho

The periodic table, and how to use it to work out atomic structure, including electron arrangements in shells etc.

Hydrocarbons use as fuels, balanced equations for complete & incomplete combustion, air pollution, global warming etc; Condensation polymers

Ionic and covalent bonding define/describe/explain. Dot/cross diagrams, simple molecules and intermolecular forces, giant/lattice structures & their properties –diamond & graphite questions.

Electrolysis was not mentioned even once on paper 1.

Mole Calculations not on paper 1: empirical & molecular formulae; theoretical & % yields; volumes of gases; titrations; electrolysis calculations (Q = I x t etc)

Energy calculations: DH = bonds broken bonds formed; calorimetry (Energy transferred = mcDT, and DH = kJ/Moles)

Definitions of acid/base/salt & reactions of acids (only mentioned a tiny bit on paper 1).

Methods of preparing salts & solubility of salts

Group 1: reactions and reactivity; describe & explain group trends using ideas about atomic structure (increasing distance of outer shells from nucleus, shielding, decreasing nuclear attraction etc.)

Reactivity series & metal displacements.

Nothing about Noble gases, their inertness and uses.

Reversible reactions were on paper 1, but not the Haber or Contact process, and the compromises in conditions used in industry

Alcohols: the pros & cons of the two different methods of making alcohols in industry.

Nice! Thx really helpful
Original post by abc-10
guys don't trust this dude he has value 0 reps meaning he trying ti ask you for your rep

watch out for ppl like this

yeah mate and you're a ukip voter lol. watch out for ppl like this

Quick Reply

Latest