The Student Room Group

I got 38% on my last assignment and I'm really worried

I'm in my second year of university and I just got one of my lowest grades ever 38%. I study film and I know of my main reasons why I have a low grade is it because I got added to a group late and I didn't have the chance to to secure a role which I was supppsed to do as part of my module. So instead I did a another role which was 'production assistant'. In my 500 word essay I spoke about the reasons why I was added to a group late, I spoke about what I did in the making of the film, I've also spoken about what could've been better etc.

Is there a way I can get my grade changed? Would I need to do a resit or something? I'm literally 2 marks away from passing in this module and I'm really gutted. I received my other results today and I got 2.1 on all of them. I'm really worried because this result can probably affect me into going to my third year
Reply 1
Original post by Fizz_
I'm in my second year of university and I just got one of my lowest grades ever 38%. I study film and I know of my main reasons why I have a low grade is it because I got added to a group late and I didn't have the chance to to secure a role which I was supppsed to do as part of my module. So instead I did a another role which was 'production assistant'. In my 500 word essay I spoke about the reasons why I was added to a group late, I spoke about what I did in the making of the film, I've also spoken about what could've been better etc.

Is there a way I can get my grade changed? Would I need to do a resit or something? I'm literally 2 marks away from passing in this module and I'm really gutted. I received my other results today and I got 2.1 on all of them. I'm really worried because this result can probably affect me into going to my third year

You may have a case for extenuating circumstances. Was there any specific reason for being added to the group late that was out of your control? I'd imagine it was the short span of time that you had that lead to failing to secure a role. That would be the only way to get your marks reconsidered.

If not then you would most likely have to do a resit in the summer, depending on your uni procedures but it's best to ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending