Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay I want some money. I'm bored with shops like tescos but MIGHT work there because there's one where about 10 of my friends work there. but probably not.

clothes shops are way harder to get a job in, and they're all in town

where else can I get a job? some ppl I know do telesales but I don't think I want to spend that long simply annoying people, and you're under a lot of pressure to get leads as well.

... please help thx

ReputationRep:
    - Record Shop (Rounders Records!) / Bookshop (does waterstones do the trick?)

-Data Entry - pays well, but is boring.

- Handing out leaflets (Depending on how much you like staring at Office all day).

ReputationRep:
    factory.

ReputationRep:
    data entry? what sort of companies?

ReputationRep:
    yeah.. but sounds better than stocking shelves and waiting for someone to serve.. seriously

and pays well? that's a bonus really
    where would I look to find a job like this? or is it a "get your dad to get you a place" job like some of my friends have
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    yeah.. but sounds better than stocking shelves and waiting for someone to serve.. seriously

and pays well? that's a bonus really
    where would I look to find a job like this? or is it a "get your dad to get you a place" job like some of my friends have
    lol
    Scan the papers...and er...phone the companies up. Data Entry is usually nasty hours though, you may need to wave bye bye to your nightlife for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Just one bit of advice. When going for a part-time of full-time job, don't get anything in an office, it's loser work. The people there may consider themselves better than manual workers and whatever, but they are the ones rotting behind desks wasting their lives.

I know this was kind of off tpoic, but i had to say it as i am in an exceptionally good mood.

ReputationRep:
    sell stuff on amazon and ebay

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm getting a visa electron card soon (applied yesterday) and I'm going to start selling on e-bay, computer parts and stuff

the hard part is making a profit over the postage fees AND the e-bay fees, as well as paypal fees.

But on top of this I want a proper job.. thx chats for the suggestion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Yeah I'm getting a visa electron card soon (applied yesterday) and I'm going to start selling on e-bay, computer parts and stuff

the hard part is making a profit over the postage fees AND the e-bay fees, as well as paypal fees.

But on top of this I want a proper job.. thx chats for the suggestion
    the fees arnt that bad you lose around 15% of the total fee to ebay,paypal and posting.

ive been selling various stuff for the last week spent £30 on ebay fees postage etc but have £150 in my paypal account now!

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for an easy and well-paid job, why not import Class A drugs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    If you're looking for an easy and well-paid job, why not import Class A drugs?
    What a prat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikki J S)
    What a prat!
    You know me so well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    the fees arnt that bad you lose around 15% of the total fee to ebay,paypal and posting.

ive been selling various stuff for the last week spent £30 on ebay fees postage etc but have £150 in my paypal account now!
    But that's not really earning... just exchanging what you already have for what you would buy with the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    But that's not really earning... just exchanging what you already have for what you would buy with the money.
    tis is true.

get a job with your mates it will be like college but you get paid!

(Original post by erk)
    factory.
    agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Garbage truck man! Yay! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikki J S)
    What a prat!
    Yeah! Importing Class A drugs isn't easy at all.

Seriously though, have you tried temping agencies - you get a lot of data entry work through them.

ReputationRep:
    warehouse work? has to be better than entering data ........?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.