Art and Architecture Class Civ OCR A2

Watch
cosplayqueen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone taking this exam? So more factual knowledge to learn!!!!!
amelia may
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cosplayqueen)
Anyone taking this exam? So more factual knowledge to learn!!!!!
I'm taking this exam the amount of information you have to know is so overwhelming ughhhh !!
cosplayqueen
Rep:
?
(Original post by amelia may)
I'm taking this exam the amount of information you have to know is so overwhelming ughhhh !!
True true. It's so stressful. what are you mainly focusing on?i know i can nail vases and free standing sculpture, it's just everything else that requires more work for me!
amelia may
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
True true. It's so stressful. what are you mainly focusing on?i know i can nail vases and free standing sculpture, it's just everything else that requires more work for me!
I'm feeling pretty much the same I'm just making sure I have some good quotes from sources and revising all the architecture
cosplayqueen
Rep:
?
How did everyone find it?

I messed up part 2B. I compared the whole of the two vases and how aesthetically pleasing they were, instead of just the friezes about Peleus and Thetis. IM SO ANNOYED!
rekanem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What essay did you do, sanctuaries or metopes/friezes?
cosplayqueen
Rep:
?
(Original post by rekanem)
What essay did you do, sanctuaries or metopes/friezes?
Metopes/friezes. I thought it was a lovely question. How did you find the paper?
rekanem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Metopes/friezes. I thought it was a lovely question. How did you find the paper?
Me too. It was a decent question, but quite jam packed with things to say I found. There are definitely things that I could have said but I didn't (e.g. I just discussed the Gigantomachy on the Siphnian Treasury, only talked in depth around 2/4 metopes from Temple of Zeus, Olympia), although that's also in part down to my own time management.

I did the commentary questions on sculpture. That was okay too, I think.

Overall, I'd say it was OK. I don't think I absolutely smashed it, but I didn't fail either. You?
izzyc11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did everyone find it?

I messed up part 2B. I compared the whole of the two vases and how aesthetically pleasing they were, instead of just the friezes about Peleus and Thetis. IM SO ANNOYED!
Hey I was just wondering if the question definitely was just write about the friezes? Because thats what I did but the majority of people in my class wrote about the whole vases like you
cosplayqueen
Rep:
?
(Original post by izzyc11)
Hey I was just wondering if the question definitely was just write about the friezes? Because thats what I did but the majority of people in my class wrote about the whole vases like you
oh really? no i remember it was about the friezes! i remember freaking out and having to leave the hall because of a panic attack of doing it wrong lol.... maybe we're not so screwed after all?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (580)
34.24%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (697)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (340)
20.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.55%

Watched Threads