_wjbutterworth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
starting the salford uni in september studying media and performance and just wondering if anyone has been a student ambassador and knows the responsibility of this job and if it's worth applying for? 😋
University of Salford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _wjbutterworth)
starting the salford uni in september studying media and performance and just wondering if anyone has been a student ambassador and knows the responsibility of this job and if it's worth applying for? 😋
Hi @wjbutterworth, we have different roles that students can get involved with on campus, but one of our Student Ambassadors Anna gave us the following info from her experience - hope it helps! Let us know if you have any more questions.

"Student Ambassadors are responsible for providing a warm and friendly welcome to future students during open days. They conduct campus tours, provide inside information about which places are the best to visit in terms of sightseeing around Manchester and Salford, and try to answer every question regarding life at university. Also, they are responsible for guiding students around the campus and showing them to the right buildings.

During Welcome Week Student Ambassadors welcome new students and returning students, again they are responsible for campus tours, signposting students on campus, as well as organising and participating in different campus activities and events (such as tours of Manchester city centre, Salford Shopping Centre, MediaCityUK, etc).

The essence of the job is to be friendly, welcoming and communicative. Ambassadors are the face of the University and are responsible for providing a great welcome experience and sharing their expert knowledge."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (218)
70.32%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
18.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
10.97%

Watched Threads