How important are year 10 mocks and can i still do well?

Watch
annonomus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I;m currently in year 10 and have just finished my year 10 mocks and borderline certain the most i'd passed is 5 of my 10 subjects. I'm now terrified on what i may be predicted and how these would affect future sixth form choices. My dream is to go to a sixth form that needs 7 A/A* grades however would these year 10 mocks affect what i can do and how important are predicted and mock grades compared to your final GCSE grades. Say if i get the grades in my final GCSES how much would these affect my current options . Thank you for reading and PLEASE HELP ME
wonwoos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im year 11 rn and trust me... even year 11 mocks are worth NOTHING! at the end of the day, target grades are worthless and it's the end grade that matters the most. you can still go to a good sixth form as long as you do good in your final gcse exams mocks are a good practice but don't worry too much about it!!! looking back at how stressed i was, it almost seems comical compared to y11.
rm.25
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
pretty much every sixth form just look at your y11 mocks.
I applied to some private school sixth forms and they looked at my school report which had my y10 mock grades on it and took that into account when making their decision about accepting me or not. I ended up declining the offers anyway because I want to stay at my current school after all but anyway main point is if you're applying to private then yes they probably do matter
rm.25
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
predicted grades mean nothing btw
Reversed Flash
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Year 10 mocks are not looked at. Year 11 are. Focus on your year 11 GCSE Mocks and exams. Year 10 is a learning curve.
PLEASE do not mess up in Year 11. Also have a good summer you will be needing it. For the next few summers you would be in constant tension.

Also what I find helping is finding my exam results from my teacher privately so you can consult with him/her on how to improve.
Harry-Pikesley
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Year 10 mocks will not have an impact on your application. Use the results to motivate you to revise for the Year 11 mocks and real exams, these are what count, as the mocks are used for applying, and the final grades determine whether you will have to change what you want to do!

In my Year 10 mocks, my APS was probably no higher than about 6 - 6.5. In my Year 11 mocks, my APS was 7.5. That's revision for you.
pe-goose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There not important at all. Even if you fail in school go to college ..and what makes me laugh is you will probably learn more in college.
ToonSupporter1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im currently in year 10 and i am stressing af about my mock exams, my teachers apply a lot of pressure on us. I thought they'd do this to just push ourselves to be the best we can but honestly its just a hell of a lot more stress. I was told the mocks in year 10 determine weather or not you do higher or foundation. And tbh i'm on the border is some subjects like science, I really really want to do higher so I can apply to better and higher courses in college. I am literally spending all my weekends, holidays and spare time into revision. Does anyone have any advice or tips? It'd be a great help thanks.
rossellaz0001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by wonwoos)
im year 11 rn and trust me... even year 11 mocks are worth NOTHING! at the end of the day, target grades are worthless and it's the end grade that matters the most. you can still go to a good sixth form as long as you do good in your final gcse exams mocks are a good practice but don't worry too much about it!!! looking back at how stressed i was, it almost seems comical compared to y11.
well this didn't age well year 11 mocks are important you never know what will happen * cough cough* a pandemic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.99%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.13%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
15.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads