The Student Room Group

What would happen to society if scientists proved there was an afterlife?

Mass suicides? Reintroduction of the death penalty for even minor offences?

Scroll to see replies

I think people would wonder how said "scientists" have seemingly left the realms of reality to prove the existence of a thing that cannot be proven to exist.
Original post by Iridocyclitis
Mass suicides? Reintroduction of the death penalty for even minor offences?

If this actually happened, then I guess most people would instantly become religious as most would have thought that religion was the way to be sent to a good afterlife.
Reply 3
Original post by _gcx
I think people would wonder how said "scientists" have seemingly left the realms of reality to prove the existence of a thing that cannot be proven to exist.

Why could it never be proven to exist?
Guess the reactions of people worldwide would be different. This can't be generalized.
Reply 5
Depends on the nature of the afterlife that they have proven to exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you watch a movie on this? There is one but it kinda was boring, but people suicided themselves cause they knew afterlife existed.
Original post by Somepersonhere
Did you watch a movie on this? There is one but it kinda was boring, but people suicided themselves cause they knew afterlife existed.

All people in the world? have my doubts. If so, the life on earth can be skipped to afterlife immediately, because no one is interest in life on earth anylonger.
Original post by Kallisto
All people in the world? have my doubts. If so, the life on earth can be skipped to afterlife immediately, because no one is interest in life on earth anylonger.

No think from like the world they had the counter of people suiciding in the movie for this reason on like 9 million or so, which is like 0.1% of the world.
Original post by _gcx

You can prove that God exists, it's just a matter of reliability over the source.
Everyone would believe in God. Depending on the type of afterlife (e.g. if we have heaven and hell), some might change their behaviour to get there.
Original post by JuSt_Do_It_
You can prove that God exists, it's just a matter of reliability over the source.

If you consider crack as a 'source', then sure.
Original post by hezzlington
If you consider crack as a 'source', then sure.

Cocaine does more harm than good for the body, so in Islam it's haraam. If you find that it does more good - your under the placebo effect or Mentally ill.

Plus anyway, why is it that a pagan such as yourself has such a stern stubbornness against the 'sources' that i could be inferring to.

What is it that you find so unbelievable about God? Please, I'd like to attempt to make you think otherwise.
Cocaine does more harm than good for the body, so in Islam it's haraam. If you find that it does more good - your under the placebo effect or Mentally ill.

Plus anyway, why is it that a pagan such as yourself has such a stern stubbornness against the 'sources' that i could be inferring to.

What is it that you find so unbelievable about God? Please, I'd like to attempt to make you think otherwise.

Wow, you're right.

I now believe in God. I shall convert to Islam.

Mashallah, sister.
Wow, you're right.

I now believe in God. I shall convert to Islam.

Mashallah, sister.

Allow me to correct you - Mashallah, Brother.

Transgenders as well as Gays aren't allowed in Islam.

Since you have seen the light - now all you require is the first out of the five Pillars to establish it as fact; 'There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his Messenger.'
There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his Messenger.'

I am not transgender, nor gay, I do occasionally dabble in a bit of Sodomy with other men but they are all straight and married. I'm sure thats all halal, just a bit of banter with the lads, not gay at all.
Reply 16
Original post by Somepersonhere

What was the reason for that? What good would suicide do?
Original post by HAnwar
What was the reason for that? What good would suicide do?

Rid the Earth of stupid people?
I am not transgender, nor gay, I do occasionally dabble in a bit of Sodomy with other men but they are all straight and married. I'm sure thats all halal, just a bit of banter with the lads, not gay at all.

Why does Allah require Mohammed (may the force be with him) to be his messenger Whats wrong with Royal Mail?

Muhammad is the last Messenger of God, not the local messenger of the British empire that began in 16th century.
Allah has a wide selection of local and international couriers available at his command. I recommend DPD, they offer tracking. Allah will be required to negotiate for good prices on international shipping, id suggest looking at the bigger logistics companies to address Allahs needs.

I think living proof with miracle powers is always a better way to portray the fact that he exists.

Quick Reply

Latest