The Student Room Group

If you're against fox hunting but not a vegetarian you are a hypocrite

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by JMR2017
When you eat vegetables, do you not know that thousands of animals are killed in the process of harvesting the crops. Even if pesticides are not used, transporting the crops and washing the crops kills so many animals e.g. insects etc.
We don't ask these animals to be killed do we?

Stop avoiding my question... do you even know the answer? Do you want me to answer it for you?
Original post by E102
If you were educated on this subject you would know that growing crops take up a lot less water, energy and space than rearing livestock

Rice, beans, fruits and veggies are the cheapest products to produce, meat is considered a luxury that is why people in third world countries have rice and beans as their staples

as for animal agriculture, it accounts for more greenhouse gases than all transport combined

In what way is killing animals better for the economy? Please do not go around mouthing rubbish without the facts

Except you need to eat far more of it to maintain a similar quality of diet, counterracts the whole argument of using less resources especially since several livestock can just be fed on grass which isn't exactly used by us. People in 3rd world countries also do not have optimal diets as they cannot afford much outside of those staple foods.
Original post by E102
Stop avoiding my question... do you even know the answer? Do you want me to answer it for you?

I'm pretty sure you asked me how animals are killed. They are killed by being stunned and then they are bled. This is completely humane, since the stunning means they feel no pain.
Original post by E102

And also answer the question I have posed to you. Are animals killed in the harvesting process asked before they are killed?
Reply 84
[QUOTE="difeo;72096026"]Both involve killing animals for pleasure

Discuss[/QUOTE
What are you on?

Take a cow, for example.
The slaughter of cows involves the systematic stunning, then cutting of the neck of said cows. They try limit pain for the cows, and this is why they stun them beforehand. It's nothing to do with enjoyment, its just a business for farmers. The farmers want the quickest and most efficient death for the animal, and animal cruelty laws have set standards for how the humane death of an animal can be initiated.

The other involves rich people on horses sending packs of Terriers to rip a fox to shreds, tearing into its limbs, genitals and body, meaning that the fox is in excruciating pain. This is not systematic either, and if you were to kill foxes, there are more humane ways. The foxes involved die horribly slow and savage deaths, and their deaths neither supplement the meat industry or are used for personal consumption.
Original post by Retropattern
Wrong. Fox hunting is wrong because it involves killing for sport and not eating it. Eating meat and hunting for food is not wrong because presumably, you are hungry and do so to survive. Although with humans that idea may see watered down- but it still applies. Ever heard of a tiger killing/ hunting?

Exactly this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by Vikingninja
Except you need to eat far more of it to maintain a similar quality of diet, counterracts the whole argument of using less resources especially since several livestock can just be fed on grass which isn't exactly used by us. People in 3rd world countries also do not have optimal diets as they cannot afford much outside of those staple foods.

Wow have you taken biology? 90% of energy is lost as it is eaten by another animal, therefore eating plants is far more efficient than eating animals, look at any higher biology course

95% of livestock are fed corn and other cereal crops which take time water and energy to grow and then refine and then feed to to livestock to grow which takes time water and energy...
Reply 87
Original post by Djerun

What are you on?

Take a cow, for example.
The slaughter of cows involves the systematic stunning, then cutting of the neck of said cows. They try limit pain for the cows, and this is why they stun them beforehand. It's nothing to do with enjoyment, its just a business for farmers. The farmers want the quickest and most efficient death for the animal, and animal cruelty laws have set standards for how the humane death of an animal can be initiated.

The other involves rich people on horses sending packs of Terriers to rip a fox to shreds, tearing into its limbs, genitals and body, meaning that the fox is in excruciating pain. This is not systematic either, and if you were to kill foxes, there are more humane ways. The foxes involved die horribly slow and savage deaths, and their deaths neither supplement the meat industry or are used for personal consumption.

People eat beef for enjoyment. You're deluding yourself to avoid feeling like a hypocrite if you think the cows don't feel pain
Reply 88
Original post by JMR2017
I'm pretty sure you asked me how animals are killed. They are killed by being stunned and then they are bled. This is completely humane, since the stunning means they feel no pain.

Would you like to die that way?
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Moronic reasoning. I'm sure the American slave owners back in the day could have made similar arguments for their mistreatment of black people.

He has a habit of posting inane nonsense. You should've seen his defense of false advertising elsewhere. Lol
Reply 90
Original post by difeo
Both involve killing animals for pleasure

Discuss

You sound like a sensitive btch that has to take vitamin B pills to stay alive.
Reply 91
Original post by JMR2017
And also answer the question I have posed to you. Are animals killed in the harvesting process asked before they are killed?

Nope, but I am limiting the amount of animals I harm (it takes more crops to rear livestock than it does to eat crops directly), wherever we go we harm someone or something, it's all about doing the least amount of harm practical
Reply 92
Original post by Joel 96
Animal welfare groups in Britain will inevitably talk about fox hunting. In fact, this, and the badger cull, is all they will talk about. I’m not angry because I disagree with their campaign. I, for one, inherently oppose to all forms of action that maintain the cruelty factor that is currently sweeping this country. What angers me about these campaigners is that their passion for the issue doesn’t justify the rationale of why they want to ban fox hunting. The whole reason why farmers want these amazing animals killed (they will refer to them as ‘pests’) is because foxes attack livestock; the livestock many of these anti-hunting campaigners will happily sit down at dinner and consume on a day-to-day basis.

And so it comes down to the question… What are these animal welfare groups campaigning for?

If they are indeed campaigning against needless killing, then why is the mass-production of meat and dairy an exception to them? And if they are indeed campaigning to stop fox hunting because foxes are cute and cuddly, then what you have is moral selection.

If we want to stop people going around tearing foxes apart because they enjoy it, or it’s a convenience for them, then we have to hit it at its source. Any industry that commoditizes animals for profit and pleasure is spreading the notion that violence against animals is alright, in assumably any circumstance. It is my belief that we cannot be a civilized society until our barbaric attitudes towards animals is changed.

Fox hunting is already banned in the United Kingdom by the 2004 Hunting Act.

It is legal to trap Foxes with legal snares or live cage traps, or shoot them with a rifle or shotgun.

Theresa May wants to reintroduce the debate to parliament, challenging the means of hunting Foxes. This would mean previously banned methods of killing foxes: Gassing, Poisoning, Illegal trapping, Hunting with Hounds, terrier work( which are inhumane) could be made legal. This is pointless. Why add to the problem?
Reply 93
Original post by E102
Nope, but I am limiting the amount of animals I harm (it takes more crops to rear livestock than it does to eat crops directly), wherever we go we harm someone or something, it's all about doing the least amount of harm practical

You sound like a btch who's brain isn't receiving enough protein; lay off the horse food
Original post by E102
Would you like to die that way?

Am I a cow? Animals do not have the same rights as humans and therefore your question is baseless. Of course, if I was on death row, then yes, I would want to die in a way which caused me least pain. That could be best done if I was unconscious, so yes.
Reply 95
Original post by tobq
You sound like a sensitive btch that has to take vitamin B pills to stay alive.

I'm not a vegetarian
Reply 96
Original post by horsefly80

And why do we eat it? For pleasure... whether it's food pleasure or hunting pleasure makes no difference
Reply 97
Original post by difeo
I'm not a vegetarian

You still sound like a sensitive btch that has to take vitamin B pills to stay alive.
Reply 98
Original post by difeo
And why do we eat it? For pleasure... whether it's food pleasure or hunting pleasure makes no difference

We eat meat to survive, wtf r u on about?

Do you suggest we eat feces?

"Eating meat is for pleasure" what a retard.

Humans have farmed animals for thousands of years.

And suddenly in the 21st century we have people complaining about eating animals.
Reply 99
Original post by tobq
You still sound like a sensitive btch that has to take vitamin B pills to stay alive.

Take the L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending