annie1119
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Im currently in year 12 studying a level Business, Maths and Applied science. However, upon doing the applied science i discovered that i really love chemistry as it has 4 units from the a level chemistry course. Ive been doing great in chemistry 4 units and have looked at doing the whole course and tried past papers and I've been doing great in it.I've been getting A's in my Business mocks and A's in my Maths mocks. so I want to continue these for next year but I want to take Chemistry too for next year but my school will not allow me as i can't do the whole Alevel in one year there but i feel motivated enough as i taught myself the whole maths alevel in six months. also i got a C in GCSE sciences so I'm thinking to resit my science gcse and also resit my english gcse along side my alevels.do you think this is a good idea?i will be going to an intensive a level college where i will do the whole chemistry course in one year i want to do pharmacy at kings college when i apply to uni they'll ask for my gcse results in october and i won't have achieved the right grades until results day which the next augustwhat do i do??will this affect my chances??
ThatsAGoodOne349
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annie1119)
Im currently in year 12 studying a level Business, Maths and Applied science. However, upon doing the applied science i discovered that i really love chemistry as it has 4 units from the a level chemistry course. Ive been doing great in chemistry 4 units and have looked at doing the whole course and tried past papers and I've been doing great in it.I've been getting A's in my Business mocks and A's in my Maths mocks. so I want to continue these for next year but I want to take Chemistry too for next year but my school will not allow me as i can't do the whole Alevel in one year there but i feel motivated enough as i taught myself the whole maths alevel in six months. also i got a C in GCSE sciences so I'm thinking to resit my science gcse and also resit my english gcse along side my alevels.do you think this is a good idea?i will be going to an intensive a level college where i will do the whole chemistry course in one year i want to do pharmacy at kings college when i apply to uni they'll ask for my gcse results in october and i won't have achieved the right grades until results day which the next augustwhat do i do??will this affect my chances??
Okay.
With the missing GCSEs, it'll be the same issue with A-Level grades, you won't know them until results day in the middle to end of August.
As for the Chem A-Level, If you want to go to King's College London (if i got that right) and do a Pharma degree, just follow what your desires, and if it doesn't work out, something else will come along to you..
Although ~£45-55k student debt sounds a bit of a turn off for uni tbh, If you don't mind that then you should be alright
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just gonna say chemistry has so much content. If you are really serious about this A-level then you can see most of the content here:

https://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/

This is for AQA and don't go past the retakes only title.

If you think you can do all this in a year and juggle some other stuff as well then I say go for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (15)
22.73%
I'm not sure (2)
3.03%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (18)
27.27%
I have already dropped out (3)
4.55%
I'm not a current university student (28)
42.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise