The Student Room Group

Places to go on a date...

We are both 16 and I'm planning on asking this girl on a date but I don't know where to go as it would be the first time I've taken a girl out.
A classic one is the cinema, but perhaps not recommended by itself if you wanted to get to know her more. Going out for dinner (doesn't really have to be expensive, could be KFC) is a good option for this, but often people do run out of things to say, hence they often go for both dinner and a film, as it gives you both something to talk about, but also lets you talk.

Other options could be museums, art galleries, going for a long walk or taking her as a plus-one to a friend's party. Ideally, you want an activity that draws on both of your interests, so the date could be highly unique to the both of you.
As above, a film followed by a meal is generally a safe bet for a first date.
Cheeky nandos
Reply 4
Red Light District
Reply 5
Original post by Dr. Who
We are both 16 and I'm planning on asking this girl on a date but I don't know where to go as it would be the first time I've taken a girl out.

My place...
Reply 6
Cinema can be hit and miss because she may not like the movies you like and in the 2-3 hours of the movie you could be using the time to get to know her more.

As you're 16, I can't really see many options for you as you wouldn't be able to buy alcohol. I've been on a coffee date and a date at a bar, it is what you want it to be tbh, you don't have to be spectacular about it but ideally go somewhere you can get to know each other... What are you both interested in?
Reply 7
Original post by poeticwhirlwind
A classic one is the cinema, but perhaps not recommended by itself if you wanted to get to know her more. Going out for dinner (doesn't really have to be expensive, could be KFC) is a good option for this, but often people do run out of things to say, hence they often go for both dinner and a film, as it gives you both something to talk about, but also lets you talk.

Other options could be museums, art galleries, going for a long walk or taking her as a plus-one to a friend's party. Ideally, you want an activity that draws on both of your interests, so the date could be highly unique to the both of you.

Original post by UWS
Cinema can be hit and miss because she may not like the movies you like and in the 2-3 hours of the movie you could be using the time to get to know her more.

As you're 16, I can't really see many options for you as you wouldn't be able to buy alcohol. I've been on a coffee date and a date at a bar, it is what you want it to be tbh, you don't have to be spectacular about it but ideally go somewhere you can get to know each other... What are you both interested in?

I'm not too sure, I was thinking of going for a walk as said above....
Do you have a budget in mind? I personally, as it's a first date, wouldn't do anything too expensive. As a female, I'd be happy with something like coffee.
Reply 9
Original post by Tiger Rag
Do you have a budget in mind? I personally, as it's a first date, wouldn't do anything too expensive. As a female, I'd be happy with something like coffee.

I was thinking something like that, what about a wall if the weather is nice???
Reply 10
Coffee is always a good, soft, effortless and innocent first approach.
Then Aqua Shard.

Spoiler

Reply 11
The Ritz London
Original post by iqra2159
The Ritz London

10/10 recommend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
*bump
Ikea
Laser tag, hiking
Jk
Probably a coffee, concert, art gallery
Original post by Dr. Who

Cinema, try going to see a horror movie as you will become more close. (Can't remember the reason why maybe because of cuddling up together and releasing of same emotions?)

Park, have a lovely stroll through a beautiful park if you ever get married one day you and her will remember this most definitely.

Maybe somewhere you both like to go, like if you like a specific sport or club go there.
Reply 17
Cinema followed by food is usually good as watching a movie gives you something to talk about. Can get awkward if she doesn't like the movie and has to suffer through it for 2+ hours.

If the weather is nice, getting a coffee or something to go and taking a walk can also be a nice option. Can get a bit awkward if you don't have much to talk about.

If you have mini golf or something like that nearby, that can also be a nice option, although possibly more expensive, but some competition loosens up people.
Reply 18
Original post by Devify
Cinema followed by food is usually good as watching a movie gives you something to talk about. Can get awkward if she doesn't like the movie and has to suffer through it for 2+ hours.

If the weather is nice, getting a coffee or something to go and taking a walk can also be a nice option. Can get a bit awkward if you don't have much to talk about.

If you have mini golf or something like that nearby, that can also be a nice option, although possibly more expensive, but some competition loosens up people.

Yeah I was thinking of a walk!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending