The Student Room Group

wrong address - registered with SF Wales

Hi

I've started the application process for a PG loan, but when asked to enter my postcode, I couldn't find my address on the list (i was given an option to choose a flat number, but not the building). Scared that my post would get lost/end up in another building, I entered an address where I previously lived briefly and where my partner still lives - in Wales. So I automatically got registered with student finance Wales. Is there any way to change this? I am an EU national, I've lived in England for 3 years, except for a brief period of time that I spent in Wales, and I will be going to uni in England. Is there any way to change to student finance England? I tried registering again but it won't let me. Does it even matter, or shall I just stay with Wales, even if I live in England?

Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tangerine456
Hi

I've started the application process for a PG loan, but when asked to enter my postcode, I couldn't find my address on the list (i was given an option to choose a flat number, but not the building). Scared that my post would get lost/end up in another building, I entered an address where I previously lived briefly and where my partner still lives - in Wales. So I automatically got registered with student finance Wales. Is there any way to change this? I am an EU national, I've lived in England for 3 years, except for a brief period of time that I spent in Wales, and I will be going to uni in England. Is there any way to change to student finance England? I tried registering again but it won't let me. Does it even matter, or shall I just stay with Wales, even if I live in England?

Thank you

Download and send off the paper application form: https://www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan/how-to-apply

Explain in a cover letter that your address wasn't recognised and that the temporary previous address you gave instead meant your online account was assigned to SFW in error.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending