The Student Room Group

Gold DofE tips?

I get what you need to pack in general as we've been spoken to about that, but I saw on here there's some stuff like people saying wear fanny packs, using camel backs and stuff? Just any tips on items to bring or not and what helps get through it?
Reply 1
Original post by mayapapaya8
I get what you need to pack in general as we've been spoken to about that, but I saw on here there's some stuff like people saying wear fanny packs, using camel backs and stuff? Just any tips on items to bring or not and what helps get through it?

What size rucksack are you using and how long are you going for?

If you can find some sort of undershorts/cycling shorts, they're a life saver, stop chafing, especially if you get wet.

Make sure you pack your bag correctly, (heavier stuff at the top to get it over your shoulders)

Camelbaks are very useful, but not essential, they're rather pricey for the sake of 1 or 2 outings.

Your pack should hold everything you need, internally ideally, with only your roll outside. Stuffing your sleeping bag is another top tip, but I assume most of this stuff you'll have picked up from elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending