dannybjarkason
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Because I'm convinced I've failed maths it'd be helpful if someone could give me some idea of what happens with the resit? Of course I'm hoping I won't have to and that I have passed but I'd like to have some understanding just in case.
JuSt_Do_It_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dannybjarkason)
Because I'm convinced I've failed maths it'd be helpful if someone could give me some idea of what happens with the resit? Of course I'm hoping I won't have to and that I have passed but I'd like to have some understanding just in case.
I think you do the resit in November. You also need to inform the school or college you are going to go to that you may need to resit Maths.
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You should get a chance to sit it in November. A little more than 2 months you can then re-sit it.
ss.01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by S2M)
You should get a chance to sit it in November. A little more than 2 months you can then re-sit it.

So you're allowed to resit the new 9-1 maths gcse this November? If so, do you know when and where can you find out resit date in November?
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sara_s01)
So you're allowed to resit the new 9-1 maths gcse this November? If so, do you know when and where can you find out resit date in November?
AQA or Edexcel?
ss.01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by S2M)
AQA or Edexcel?
Edexcel
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Edexcel
Paper 1- 2nd November 2017 AM
Paper 2- 6th November 2017 AM
Paper 3- 8th November 2017 AM
ss.01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by S2M)
Paper 1- 2nd November 2017 AM
Paper 2- 6th November 2017 AM
Paper 3- 8th November 2017 AM
Thank you so much, did you find this on the edexcel website?
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you so much, did you find this on the edexcel website?
You just type: 'Edexcel GCSE exam timetable 2017 November'. This first search or second should be it.
Hussein__
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by S2M)
You just type: 'Edexcel GCSE exam timetable 2017 November'. This first search or second should be it.
Can u retake maths although u got C in it.
ss.01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by S2M)
Ah right, thank you I asked so many people but they were unsure of when the next resits would be.
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hussein__)
Can u retake maths although u got C in it.
If your school/college lets you then you can. Otherwise, you can re-sit it privately but you'll have to find a centre to register your exams at. You also have to pay to sit each exam and the prices vary from centre to centre.
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah right, thank you I asked so many people but they were unsure of when the next resits would be.
You're welcome. I think those are the final dates, so I don't think they will change those dates.
Hussein__
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by S2M)
If your school/college lets you then you can. Otherwise, you can re-sit it privately but you'll have to find a centre to register your exams at. You also have to pay to sit each exam and the prices vary from centre to centre.
Apprechiate that
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hussein__)
Apprechiate that
No problem.
dannybjarkason
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by JuSt_Do_It_)
I think you do the resit in November. You also need to inform the school or college you are going to go to that you may need to resit Maths.
So what would happen if I need a certain level for a course at college? Is it possible to negotiate or something? I mean I'm told I need a 6 in maths to do Biology A-level but despite struggling in maths I'm at an A in biology when I only need a B and 6 in maths to get on the course.
JuSt_Do_It_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So what would happen if I need a certain level for a course at college? Is it possible to negotiate or something? I mean I'm told I need a 6 in maths to do Biology A-level but despite struggling in maths I'm at an A in biology when I only need a B and 6 in maths to get on the course.
You should be able to negotiate with them and give them an adequate reason why you were unable to get the necessary grade. Or maybe you could ask whether you can retake maths (presumably it'll be the full year course) while doing Biology along side it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (54)
15.47%
I'm not sure (8)
2.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
34.96%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.72%
I'm not a current university student (159)
45.56%

Watched Threads