The Student Room Group

say NO to Yulin dog eating festival

Over the years this inhumane tradition has been implemented by a Chinese minority to host an annual festival whereby the trading of dog meat is practiced.

The whole event is based off torture, pet stealing, importing dogs from all over the world in order to publicly impose cruelty on them for the sake of amusement. This needs to stop and annual petitions against it has remained consistent. The progress so far has been slow and we barely just put enough pressure on the Chinese government to temporarily ban it in 2017. We need to ensure that the pressure is sustained every year untill the practice is abolished once in for all!

Please support the this cause and say NO to animal cruelty.

https://www.change.org/p/do-not-proceed-with-the-yulin-dog-festival-in-2018?recruiter=83368595&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
China does what the **** they want. This is not changing anytime soon.
No
Like I said, our progress has been slow but we HAVE made a significant difference. We just need a bigger push.

Original post by lulno
China does what the **** they want. This is not changing anytime soon.
Reply 4
Why do people like you feel the need to interfere with other people's cultures? If they wanna eat dogs, ****ing let them.

Look up cultural relativism and educate yourself.
Culture isn't the relevance in my post. The practice is. I will stand against animal cruelty regardless of it being culture based or a global practice.

Original post by Inexorably
Why do people like you feel the need to interfere with other people's cultures? If they wanna eat dogs, ****ing let them.

let em be
Reply 7
Original post by butfirst_coffee
Culture isn't the relevance in my post. The practice is. I will stand against animal cruelty regardless of it being culture based or a global practice.

It doesn't matter whether you think it's relevant or not, it is. It's the way they do things over and there and who are you to tell China that its culture is 'wrong'? Your very brainwashed view that all doggies are cute and should be saved and kept as pets is no more correct than those who want to use them as meat.

If you really cared, you'd say most dog breeds shouldn't even be alive because they are plagued by numerous health problems, let alone kept as pets for years and years.
you dint see hindus starting petitions and protests against the west eating cows , also i take it if your against animal cruelty you are a vegetarian too?
Reply 9

Because they are torturing them. It's as simple as that.
Poodles with noodles?
Oh yeah let's toture and kill certain dog breeds that WE bred and they happen to develop health problems as a result because we are superior and know better.

If you think feeding, providing love and shelter for an animal is equal to skinning them alive, torching their skin and turning them into kebabs under the name of 'ownership.' You are messed up in the head.
It doesn't matter whether you think it's relevant or not, it is. It's the way they do things over and there and who are you to tell China that its culture is 'wrong'? Your very brainwashed view that all doggies are cute and should be saved and kept as pets is no more correct than those who want to use them as meat.

If you really cared, you'd say most dog breeds shouldn't even be alive because they are plagued by numerous health problems, let alone kept as pets for years and years.
Vegan actually. I won't preach what I don't practice.

Original post by Anonymous
you dint see hindus starting petitions and protests against the west eating cows , also i take it if your against animal cruelty you are a vegetarian too?
Over the years this inhumane tradition has been implemented by a Chinese minority to host an annual festival whereby the trading of dog meat is practiced.

The whole event is based off torture, pet stealing, importing dogs from all over the world in order to publicly impose cruelty on them for the sake of amusement. This needs to stop and annual petitions against it has remained consistent. The progress so far has been slow and we barely just put enough pressure on the Chinese government to temporarily ban it in 2017. We need to ensure that the pressure is sustained every year untill the practice is abolished once in for all!

Please support the this cause and say NO to animal cruelty.

https://www.change.org/p/do-not-proceed-with-the-yulin-dog-festival-in-2018?recruiter=83368595&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

why don't you stop eating meat then? It's a culture they have. We eat chicken and beef, while they eat something different. Just because we prefer it as a domestic animal like that doesn't mean they shouldn't

I was just about to type this but it looks like you did it for me.
Animals are tortured throughout the UK, solely for their meat. Yet the same people who cry wolf when dogs are killed in China are silent at the acts of animal cruelty in the West.
I don't eat meat though. And I'm not against consumption of meat. Slaughter can be done in a humane way. The torture is not necessessary. Especially for amusement.

Original post by Pretish
why don't you stop eating meat then? It's a culture they have. We eat chicken and beef, while they eat something different. Just because we prefer it as a domestic animal like that doesn't mean they shouldn't
I don't eat meat though. And I'm not against consumption of meat. Slaughter can be done in a humane way. The torture is not necessessary. Especially for amusement.

u do realise that animals (chicken and beef) aren't given the best treatment right? It just takes place in factories so u don't see it. Those are hapening outside.

Also, it's a culture of them. You don't see them petitioning to stop killing chickens do you?
Reply 17
Have fun stopping China through an online petition :rofl:
Other than making you feel good about yourself, the petition will achieve diddly squat.

It's none of our business how the Chinese treat their animals.
This only occurs in a small province. A lot of Chinese must detest this as well, as presumably there are millions, tens of millions of pet dogs over there.

China does not have any real animal rights. For that they should be subjected to bear the brunt of other nations spite.
And worse now, they have extending influence over African animals.
Certain species are being decimated at an alarming rate. An Elephant is killed every 25 minutes, for its tusks. For the Chinese market mainly.

I find videos of them skinning cats, dogs, anything alive, dropping them in boiling water, skinned and alive, totally barbaric. Im with you OP, its a terrible thing to witness.

Powdered black bear gall bladder, or Tiger parts, for medicine. ****ing educate yourselves China.

Burns itself into your brain.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending