Sirdancealot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
One of the more developed ancient civilizations often referred to as African has been under the microscope recently.

By studying Mummies and their DNA scientists have found that these anciet people shared much more in common with Europeans and people from the East Asian continent.

'However in the last 1,500 years Egypt became more genetically African, whereas the ancient Egyptians showed almost no sub-Saharan African ancestry and high affinity to ancient Near Eastern and European populations.'

The team sampled 151 mummified individuals from the archaeological site of Abusir el-Meleq, along the Nile River in Middle Egypt. Recent advances in the study of ancient DNA present an intriguing opportunity to test existing understandings of Egyptian history using the ancient genetic data.

The new study managed to extract accurate, full-genome DNA data from three ancient Egyptian mummies, and usable segments of DNA from 90 mummies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-European.html
Sirdancealot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by zazzyhazzy)
Hahaha no they weren't
DNA be damned!
ZionistsExposed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Load of rubbish.

Last I heard most were more related to North-Africans.

So who is lying? I never thought of Egyptians as being European.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well they're pretty much the only successful Africans, so it makes sense they're European.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This was claimed even by Egiptian antropologists years ago.

The article's title is silly though. What is suprising in that? They always depicted themselves in painting in a manner that strongly suggests that they certainly were not negroidal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads