Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Couldn't find a thread for it this year - has anyone applied? Waiting to hear about the verbal and numerical reasoning tests, eek.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe the 2017/2018 scheme is open.

The 2016/2017 had an October/November 2016 deadline and has two intakes (one in April 2017 and one in September 2017).

If you're referring to the thing that had a deadline 12 June for the September 2017 intake - they probably could not fill their 80ish places or needed more people so they reopened the scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh my bad! I've applied anyway. Has anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, have you already done the numerical and verbal or are you waiting for the invitation to do them?

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for the invitation. I had kind of assumed they would send responses quickly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangeroses)
    Waiting for the invitation. I had kind of assumed they would send responses quickly!
    Yeah same I thought I would've heard first thing on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I just got an email saying I'm through to the next bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangeroses)
    Oh, I just got an email saying I'm through to the next bit!
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yes I applied about the 1st June and got through to complete the numerical and verbal tests, got the email to say, so will probably complete tomorrow! What background are you guys from? I feel a bit out of my depth! 😯

ReputationRep:
    Happy to see a thread about this!

I've applied as well, did my numerical and verbal reasoning tests yesterday. The former was a right car crash (would have made Diane Abbot blush) so I'm not too optimistic but hoping for the best...
    Anyone has any ideas as to when we should be receiving results?

I've done a masters in EU politics at the LSE and have some parliamentary experience from an internship.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I found the numerical weirdly difficult too! I did an undergrad in economics and a masters in international development. I would've thought we'd hear within around 3 weeks if the assessments centres are 3-19 July but that's just a guess

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished my tests too.. the numerical reasoning one was really hard! I get why they gave us so much time now. I'm glad we had to submit the written answers so early in the application process, kind of feels like it's out of my hands now.

My background is in science. I've worked as a researcher at a university for a year or so and I spent a few months as a policy intern, which I really loved.

ReputationRep:
    No assessment centre for me! Good luck everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected too (apparently they'll keep me as a reserve but I'd imagine there's little chance of that going anywhere)

Good luck to anyone who made it through!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get through? Got an ass centre next week, but the email was a little short on details!

ReputationRep:
    Also did we all get the same topic for our presentations? I got cash ISAs which is a little dry, but I suppose it could be worse.

ReputationRep:
    Had an assessment centre and have now been told that I am "on-hold". Means I have met the minimum requirements but won't find out if successful until 4th August.

Anyone else in this situation or heard anything else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bburn121)
    Had an assessment centre and have now been told that I am "on-hold". Means I have met the minimum requirements but won't find out if successful until 4th August.

Anyone else in this situation or heard anything else?
    Well done! Haven't heard anything yet, when was your assessment centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kar208)
    Well done! Haven't heard anything yet, when was your assessment centre?
    Assessment centre was 12th July

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bburn121)
    Assessment centre was 12th July
    I also had mine on the 12th but have hears nothing yet.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.