?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How did everyone find the exam?
Lukey Johnson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I found it difficult to write everything in the time given! Could of gone a lot better.
libby.jones18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Lukey Johnson)
I found it difficult to write everything in the time given! Could of gone a lot better.
Ah damn! Yes, I agree I did run out of time (but not massively). I did Q3 so I knew I secured marks, Don't worry, I'm sure you did great! What scenario did you do?
Lukey Johnson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah that's good then well done!! And scenario 2, wby?
Nexuspro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did scenario 2 lmao. Absolutely wack xD
I forgot the defence for the first question and instead of voluntary manslaughter, i did intoxication for the murder question xD.
I think intoxication isnt correct but would anyone mind confirming? :3 i keep going back and forth lol
Lukey Johnson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Erm you won't have lost too many marks talking about intoxication because it shows you're aware of the issues, and if you explained it accurately it shouldn't affect your mark massively. I talked about intoxication in relation to diminished responsibility and loss of control, but who knows 😂
mads2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did scenario 1, on question1 i said how it was s18, does anyone know if this would be right😩 because it seems everyone said s47/s20. i said it because it was powerfully hit with the intention to commit the offence so intention to cause serious harm??
AlderKate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
At least you're not me... for scenario two question two I wrote about murder, diminished responsibility and SOMEHOW (I DON'T KNOW WHY, I AM ANGRY AT MYSELF) wrote about UDAM... and briefly outlined loss of control. Hope it won't effect me too much. i'm clinging to the 88% I got at AS now.
suozbe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AlderKate)
At least you're not me... for scenario two question two I wrote about murder, diminished responsibility and SOMEHOW (I DON'T KNOW WHY, I AM ANGRY AT MYSELF) wrote about UDAM... and briefly outlined loss of control. Hope it won't effect me too much. i'm clinging to the 88% I got at AS now.
I didn't even talk about loss of control and I am so angry at myself!! Will definitely get max clear for Q2 😭
AlderKate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by suozbe)
I didn't even talk about loss of control and I am so angry at myself!! Will definitely get max clear for Q2 😭
We're all in this together!
CHarrisMedia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mads2)
I did scenario 1, on question1 i said how it was s18, does anyone know if this would be right😩 because it seems everyone said s47/s20. i said it because it was powerfully hit with the intention to commit the offence so intention to cause serious harm??
I'd find it hard to seek S18, even the people that said S20 I think may only be for discussion. Although it was a powerful blow, the injury sustained was swelling of the eye and basically confusion/concusssion which is more ABH a than anything else occasioned from a battery. T v DPP is a good case example also as for intention, it was more for self defence than intent to commit harm.
rkrk1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CHarrisMedia)
I'd find it hard to seek S18, even the people that said S20 I think may only be for discussion. Although it was a powerful blow, the injury sustained was swelling of the eye and basically confusion/concusssion which is more ABH a than anything else occasioned from a battery. T v DPP is a good case example also as for intention, it was more for self defence than intent to commit harm.
Was there a break in the chain of causation for anything in scenario 1?
CHarrisMedia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rkrk1)
Was there a break in the chain of causation for anything in scenario 1?
I didn't even speak about this but I feel like you should've mentioned it, personally I don't see there as a break in the chain as it simply said "the wound got infected and he died", there's nothing to suggest medical interveniens (the only thing that could break the chain in this situation) has happened.
rkrk1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I didn't even speak about this but I feel like you should've mentioned it, personally I don't see there as a break in the chain as it simply said "the wound got infected and he died", there's nothing to suggest medical interveniens (the only thing that could break the chain in this situation) has happened.
Yeah I mentioned that it I thought afterwards maybe it could have been the v own act in the gross negligence bc he got out of the car but I didn't write about it
CHarrisMedia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rkrk1)
Yeah I mentioned that it I thought afterwards maybe it could have been the v own act in the gross negligence bc he got out of the car but I didn't write about it
True but for it to be a break remember it has to be unforeseeable, it's not unforeseeable he would try to escape the car after it's crashed into a river.

The question really caused confusion as I didn't know for sure if the breach was him driving in heavy rain with faulty wipers or seeing him drowning and walking away, I feel like both could constitute.
rkrk1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
True but for it to be a break remember it has to be unforeseeable, it's not unforeseeable he would try to escape the car after it's crashed into a river.

The question really caused confusion as I didn't know for sure if the breach was him driving in heavy rain with faulty wipers or seeing him drowning and walking away, I feel like both could constitute.
Yeah I focused more on him leaving him and trying to balance it out by the fact he tried to stop him from getting out of the car.

Thanks for the replies I was getting anxious and thought I missed something out.
Emmavernon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did anyone else do the following for scenario 2 (cheese girl)
For first essay -
S.18/S.47 in relation to blades in cheese
Insanity as her defence
Assault/S.47 for the threatening cheese text

And then for the second essay-
Murder - for Jamie's murder of that girl
Loss of control as a defence
And then diminished responsibility (with the add on intoxication bit) for another possible defence
So scared I did things wrong!
Lukey Johnson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Emmavernon)
Did anyone else do the following for scenario 2 (cheese girl)
For first essay -
S.18/S.47 in relation to blades in cheese
Insanity as her defence
Assault/S.47 for the threatening cheese text

And then for the second essay-
Murder - for Jamie's murder of that girl
Loss of control as a defence
And then diminished responsibility (with the add on intoxication bit) for another possible defence
So scared I did things wrong!
I wrote about an indirect battery in relation to the glass in the cheese and talked about the transferred malice! And then I talked about the assault ocasssioning the actual bodily harm but now I think it should be s20 GBH because it said 'severe depression and anxiety'. But apart from that I wrote about the same things as you for the second question
Emmavernon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lukey Johnson)
I wrote about an indirect battery in relation to the glass in the cheese and talked about the transferred malice! And then I talked about the assault ocasssioning the actual bodily harm but now I think it should be s20 GBH because it said 'severe depression and anxiety'. But apart from that I wrote about the same things as you for the second question
Thank you! Reassuring that we did the same in question 2! ☺️
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by libby.jones18)
How did everyone find the exam?
Timing went better than expected tbh, got the reform Q out of the way first. I struggled with time a bit only because I was deciding on whether the second part of Q1 was s.18 or not and whether I talk about Murder or just unlawful act manslaughter in Q1.

I think Q1 was assault and s.47 but ah well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed