The Student Room Group

Should i do 3 or 4 A-Levels

If i do psychology, sociology, english lit and photography would it be too much work or should i do all of those apart from photography?
Photography is a lot of work so doing four a levels would be a lot of work, if you have no job/no social life/ a hell of a lot of motivation then you night be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Literally, I took 4 A levels last year and came out with U,E,E,D. It was a complete waste and I actually tried so hard. I highly recommend taking 3 because you can focus your revision and if you want to go to uni, they only look for 3 Grades...

I had to fast track politics this year so technically have 4 subjects again and I've struggled just as much. Also, by taking 3 you will have an extra free slot in your timetable to keep up with homework, coursework etc!

There's no need to push yourself harder than you need to and you have a better chance at getting higher grades with less subjects. Im at the 'best college/sixth form' in the UK and they don't actually let anyone take 4 subjects unless they're 100% capable of getting 4XB's or above..
Original post by rafaelaxsantos
If i do psychology, sociology, english lit and photography would it be too much work or should i do all of those apart from photography?

Honestly, I did 4 and only struggled because I also did an EPQ, but the workload is hard and given that all university offers are based on 3 grades and photography is a non facilitating subject that you could even do in your free time, I would say stick to 3. It's not worth the extra stress, plus photography will have a heavier workload than other subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest