Advice and Guidance towards repeating Year 12

Watch
pinapplesonpizza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm currently a Year 12 student and I'm thinking about repeating the year, mainly because I didn't get the grades I wanted and that I've recently discovered what I wanted to do in university but I don't have the right a levels.

Would universities still accept me even though I repeated YR 12?

What advice would you give to a student repeating the year?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pinapplesonpizza)
I'm currently a Year 12 student and I'm thinking about repeating the year, mainly because I didn't get the grades I wanted and that I've recently discovered what I wanted to do in university but I don't have the right a levels.

1. Yes theres no problem in them accepting you., Unless it is medicine , which requires you to take the relevant A levels in a two year period

2. Otherwise a good idea, but be sure to pick the right A levels to get you on the course you want and normally subjects you can get the best grades in.
CopperDragon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pinapplesonpizza)

Hi!
I repeated year 12 and honestly unless you are completely sure that you definitely want to drop back and you have a strong knowledge of what you want to do, i wouldn't recommend it. Its not the easiest thing to do and most people that do it do tend not to finish 6th form. If you are sure that's what you want to do then go for it, for me it pulled my grades up for AS and (hopefully) in august it will show the extra work I put in. But i really wold recommend thinking about it carefully, its not as easy as it sounds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads