The Student Room Group

I cannot find a job anywhere

I cannot find a job. Tried Tesco and all that, but failing. Any ideas? I am from Manchester.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Set up your own business.
There's jobs everywhere if you look in the right places , indeed.co.uk is the best job site I've ever used. Also totaljobs.co.uk !

Good luck
Trade the stock market
have a look on Indeed?
Reply 5
Original post by Supernova91
There's jobs everywhere if you look in the right places , indeed.co.uk is the best job site I've ever used. Also totaljobs.co.uk !

Good luck

Yes I have, but these are not unskilled jobs.
Original post by anxious.jhr
Yes I have, but these are not unskilled jobs.

Some of them
Are , just type what type of job you're looking for in there
Reply 7
Some of them
Are , just type what type of job you're looking for in there

You should see yourself how easy it is then.
You should see yourself how easy it is then.

What's the problem then ??
Reply 9
What experience do you have?
Original post by Pirko
What experience do you have?

Worked in a animal hospital and factory.
What's the problem then ??

I meant it is anything but easy.
I cannot find a job. Tried Tesco and all that, but failing. Any ideas? I am from Manchester.

Use indeed.com that's the best jobsite, bound to be some jobs in a big city like Manchester.

Here in my area it's crap. No jobs at all, living somewhere rural in the country.
Join army
Reply 14
Are you sure you can't find a job anywhere?

Milkround
Monster
Target
Jobsite
Reed
Totaljobs
Indeed
Glassdoor
x.

Moved this to 'Advice on Applying for a job', you should get better responses here :smile:

Mcdonalds?
Do an apprenticeship at specsavers
I would recommend Reed and Indeed as good websites to use.

What is your background - qualifications? What kind of job are you looking for - area? Full/Part time?

How have you been applying for jobs? Have you tried asking in person if they are roles available, or dropping in a CV. Manchester has a lot of shops and restaurants that don't usually ask for too much experience, and will train on the job. You can use the experience gained from these roles and the money earnt to build up better prospects for future work.
Network your way in to a job. Speak to all your family and friends about positions going

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending