The Student Room Group

CRM Students accommodation - any experiences?

Hi all,

I've just put down a deposit for an ensuite room in a 6 bed flat at a CRM hall. Looks like a reasonable deal but some things concern me - namely the charge list for damaged items (eg £450 to replace a bedroom carpet, £450 to replace a corridor carpet!). I look after my stuff but I have no idea who I'm moving in with, and I'm slightly concerned if other tenants damage the communal areas I'll be charged shedloads for it.

Any experiences on this or just CRM in general?

Thanks
It's pretty normal for halls to try and charge obscene amounts for repairs. I think you can challenge the charges if they are unreasonable.

I lived in a CRM property... my experience was through two site managers, the first was great and the place was amazing... the second guy was terrible and I moved out asap.
Reply 2
Please could anyone answer my short survey on halls? It would be much appreciated Thanks :smile:) https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JPGY9BB
Reply 3
I was in (Holden Court Brighton) and I faced so many issues!
Deposit Refund Issue: I recently vacated the accommodation and expected a refund of my £150 deposit. However, I received only £100 without any explanation or reason provided, which has left me dissatisfied and seeking clarification!!
No Laundry Facilities: One major drawback was the absence of the promised laundry facilities. This was particularly frustrating as it inconvenienced residents who relied on these amenities.(it was disappointing not to have access to a service that was initially advertised!) .
Construction Noise: The persistent construction noise in the yard outside my window was a significant source of annoyance, especially for a student trying to focus on studies. The noise level, lasting until 5 pm daily, made it challenging to maintain a peaceful living environment.
Security Concerns: I had a distressing experience when I encountered a thief in the common area attempting to steal items and even trying to access rooms. This incident was deeply traumatic, and it was not the first time security issues had arisen, with a previous incident involving the theft of a TV from the common area.
Lack of Reception Availability: There was a period during which the reception was absent for a week, leaving residents without a point of contact. During this time, calls and emails went unanswered, causing frustration and inconvenience.
Reply 4
Original post by spleenharvester
Hi all,

I've just put down a deposit for an ensuite room in a 6 bed flat at a CRM hall. Looks like a reasonable deal but some things concern me - namely the charge list for damaged items (eg £450 to replace a bedroom carpet, £450 to replace a corridor carpet!). I look after my stuff but I have no idea who I'm moving in with, and I'm slightly concerned if other tenants damage the communal areas I'll be charged shedloads for it.

Thanks

Careful international students. CRM still owes me my deposit, even though my tenancy finished in September, they still refuse to pay me back, even though there is no complaint from the staff and my room was in perfect condition. CRM takes advantage of international students.
Reply 5
Original post by spleenharvester
Hi all,

Thanks

Careful international students. CRM still owes me my deposit, even though my tenancy finished in September, they still refuse to pay me back, even though there is no complaint from the staff and my room was in perfect condition. CRM takes advantage of international students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending