I have no idea where the f*** to start my revision for my Germany exam tomorrow !!!??

Watch
anonomon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have no idea where the f*** to start my revision for my History Germany exam tomorrow !!!??
Like how do i revise ....???
Stewart Dent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What period of German history is the exam on?
nerdydaydreamer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anonomon)
I have no idea where the f*** to start my revision for my History Germany exam tomorrow !!!??
Like how do i revise ....???
Hey, it's okay, you got this! You can definitely do this. Is this GCSE Germany?

Okay so go through the textbook and summarise each chapter on one A4 page. Make sure the information is manageable, so only the key info, use colour! This should take about 2 hours. Then try and condense this information onto an A5 page for each chapter. This should take about an hour. Then a flashcard for each chapter = 30 mins. Eventually, get all of the key information you need to know, including key dates, on one A4 page, with prompt words, using colour and pictures if it helps you. This should take about 30 mins. This is your cheat sheet! If you have time this evening, go through some past questions just to figure out your exam technique. So that's around 4 hours of revision which is a little bit too much for tonight, can you do an hour of that in the morning so that you can make sure you get a great night's sleep?
anonomon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stewart Dent)
What period of German history is the exam on?
GCSE History A Germany 1918-39
anonomon
Rep:
?
(Original post by nerdydaydreamer)
Hey, it's okay, you got this! You can definitely do this. Is this GCSE Germany?

Okay so go through the textbook and summarise each chapter on one A4 page. Make sure the information is manageable, so only the key info, use colour! This should take about 2 hours. Then try and condense this information onto an A5 page for each chapter. This should take about an hour. Then a flashcard for each chapter = 30 mins. Eventually, get all of the key information you need to know, including key dates, on one A4 page, with prompt words, using colour and pictures if it helps you. This should take about 30 mins. This is your cheat sheet! If you have time this evening, go through some past questions just to figure out your exam technique. So that's around 4 hours of revision which is a little bit too much for tonight, can you do an hour of that in the morning so that you can make sure you get a great night's sleep?
Ok thank you and yes GCSE History A Germany 1918-39.
I dont have a textbook but i guess ill find a revision guide online or something....
Stewart Dent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That guy above really knows their stuff, I'd have just said watch the history channel. Anyway good luck in your exam.
k-92
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your exam is tomorrow and you haven't started revising? I wouldn't bother personally in that case
nerdydaydreamer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ok thank you and yes GCSE History A Germany 1918-39.
I dont have a textbook but i guess ill find a revision guide online or something....
No problem! I've just taken an A Level in Germany so I can help if you're stuck! Try this, this looks fairly comprehensive! And this, too! Slightly longer period but you can always skip the last few years
nerdydaydreamer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Stewart Dent)
That guy above really knows their stuff, I'd have just said watch the history channel. Anyway good luck in your exam.
Thank you, haha! I've just taken an A Level in Germany 1871-1990 so I know my stuff in this area (also I'm a girl, haha)
anonomon
Rep:
?
(Original post by nerdydaydreamer)
No problem! I've just taken an A Level in Germany so I can help if you're stuck! Try this, this looks fairly comprehensive! And this, too! Slightly longer period but you can always skip the last few years
Those links seem really helpful thx
nerdydaydreamer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those links seem really helpful thx
No problem! Best of luck for your exam tomorrow! Remember to get some sleep!
s4b3rt00th
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if this is for gcse, just read the revision guide/textbook and learn the exam technique.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (192)
14.29%
I'm not sure (59)
4.39%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.24%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.75%
I'm not a current university student (663)
49.33%

Watched Threads