The Student Room Group

Gap year help

I will begin year 13 in september and normally apply for universities this year. However i am thinking of taking a gap year to do physics A level so I study engineering or a course that involves physics. I will also have maths further maths and economics as A levels and probably A*A*A. Is the fact that I will complete physics in a year after school going to be a problem when applying to top universities? Also if i take a gap year i will apply with all my results except from the physics exams. I will not have even a prediction as i will not do it in school. What can I do?
Original post by dell1234
I will begin year 13 in september and normally apply for universities this year. However i am thinking of taking a gap year to do physics A level so I study engineering or a course that involves physics. I will also have maths further maths and economics as A levels and probably A*A*A. Is the fact that I will complete physics in a year after school going to be a problem when applying to top universities? Also if i take a gap year i will apply with all my results except from the physics exams. I will not have even a prediction as i will not do it in school. What can I do?

Taking an A level in your gap year will not be a problem, quite the reverse, it's rather impressive. If you are studying independently and don't have anybody who can predict your physics grade then you should contact the universities you're applying to and let them know the situation. They will probably say leave the prediction box blank, it won't affect your chances of admission so don't worry.
They could probably formulate a predicted grade if it's a teacher you know and if they helped you enroll but I would speak to them whilst you can all the same. More relevant high grades the better in a short period of time! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Snufkin
Taking an A level in your gap year will not be a problem, quite the reverse, it's rather impressive. If you are studying independently and don't have anybody who can predict your physics grade then you should contact the universities you're applying to and let them know the situation. They will probably say leave the prediction box blank, it won't affect your chances of admission so don't worry.

thanks for the reply. however I will not self study physics but do the AS next year and finish it 2 years after during my gap year at a local center

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending