doing 4 Alevels in ONE year - is this possible

Watch
annie1119
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
doing the whole Alevel chemistry, a level maths, a level further maths and alevel business is one year - is this possible????
i am a highly motivated individual
But is this too much or would you consider dropping one or does anyone have any tips
or does anyone know if it is doable ?!
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Extremely difficult but I guess you could try, you risk getting poor grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
annie1119
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have learnt all of the business specification this year and as the exams are linear my exam will be this year and I have done the AS in Maths and have achieved an A in it, as i self taught myself Alevel maths in 3 monthsi wanted someone to let me know if id be able to teach myself further maths in one year also if i could do chemistry

(Original post by Reality Check)
Motivated or not, this is exceptionally unlikely to lead to success. Why are you trying to do all of this in a year? Furthermore, I suspect you're not doing this at a college, but attempting to self-teach it?
denteddental
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Possible, only if you get off TSR.
username3496876
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
the average you would normally take is three. so if your willing to sacrifice a lot of your free time, you'll be fine. all you need to do is be prepared to do a bit of exata learning in your free time.
_alexhowell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What's the point?
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annie1119)
doing the whole Alevel chemistry, a level maths, a level further maths and alevel business is one year - is this possible????
But is this too much or would you consider dropping one or does anyone have any tips
I'm doing the same. But for A-level Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and physics. Maybe we could help each other out for Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry. I'm going to be doing Edexcel for all of these. Which exam board are you going to be using?
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annie1119)
Easily doable. A single subject shouldn't take more than a month.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by esrever)
Easily doable. A single subject shouldn't take more than a month.
Except maths with 6 exams-could take a month and a day
JodieA.xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you just left school? Because trust me Alevels are HARD! I dropped out of year 12 back in January because I couldn't handle it due to the courses and the college and you have picked really hard A levels there and courses are now linear so good luck with that but you will struggle because I have to resit year 12 and you don't want to do the same I would just do 2 years Hun your putting too much pressure on ye self and ask any Alevel teacher u will not handle it
spectral_theory
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did the equivalent of this amount of workload in a year several years ago, and it is doable if you work hard, but don't expect to achieve consistently very high UMS scores in all of your modules. But why are you doing this? Is there a reason you can't spread it out over two years instead?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.79%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.84%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.1%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.64%

Watched Threads