The Student Room Group

MA Political Communication @ Leeds

Hi, I recently applied and have received an offer to study MA Political Communication at the University of Leeds this coming September. I've just finished my undergraduate studies, and was wondering in regards to integrating to a new university, what the transition to postgraduate life is like. In academic terms, I am acutely aware that it is more demanding, but in terms of the community of postgraduates I was wondering if any current or previous postgraduates have experienced a welcoming, or perhaps distant postgraduate experience?
Original post by Ideological tit
Hi, I recently applied and have received an offer to study MA Political Communication at the University of Leeds this coming September. I've just finished my undergraduate studies, and was wondering in regards to integrating to a new university, what the transition to postgraduate life is like. In academic terms, I am acutely aware that it is more demanding, but in terms of the community of postgraduates I was wondering if any current or previous postgraduates have experienced a welcoming, or perhaps distant postgraduate experience?

Postgrad life is very different from undergrad life. For a start the course is very intense and you may not have the time for much else. That's not to say that postgrads don't have fun. You'll be part of quite a small class and may get to know your coursemates quite well. You can request to live with postgrads as well and there will be social stuff for postgrads. You can join undergrad societies but depending on what sort of society it is you may not fell integrated. There's the uni postgrad soc and pages about postgrad life at the uni which you can look at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending