OCR A CHEMISTRY 2017 *last minute* ORGANIC & SYNOPTIC REVISION

Watch
bboyzeesh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Going to keep this short and simple, this thread is for the ORGANIC and SYNOPTIC papers coming up on the 19th June 2017 & 27th June 2017.

Please post revision sources, model answers, hard exam questions, any useful key tips for organic and even inorganic which may come up on the 3rd synoptic paper. Also short practical 'PAGs' model answers as there wasn't many in the 1st inorganic paper, so safe to assume they left practicals for the ORGANIC and SYNOPTIC papers, mainly synoptic I assume.

We will get A*'s together!

-bboyzeesh
Muhamm-u-madbro?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bboyzeesh)
Going to keep this short and simple, this thread is for the ORGANIC and SYNOPTIC papers coming up on the 19th June 2017 & 27th June 2017.

Please post revision sources, model answers, hard exam questions, any useful key tips for organic and even inorganic which may come up on the 3rd synoptic paper. Also short practical 'PAGs' model answers as there wasn't many in the 1st inorganic paper, so safe to assume they left practicals for the ORGANIC and SYNOPTIC papers, mainly synoptic I assume.

We will get A*'s together!

-bboyzeesh
My boy Zeesh making movements, running his own thread these times. In it together bro, time to lock arf the A*s
bboyzeesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muhamm-u-madbro?)
My boy Zeesh making movements, running his own thread these times. In it together bro, time to lock arf the A*s
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you're acc too much lmaaooo.
Muhamm-u-madbro?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you're acc too much lmaaooo.
Staying in the deen will be too much on results day when we get our A*s and girls are begging for some A* ding dong
tizzaclaire98
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here is a super useful document about practical chemistry. Not entirely organic but everything in it could come up on paper 2 and 3 seeing as there was barely any practical on paper 1.
Attached files
ifrana135
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If anyone needs the snap revise notes for chemistry or biology email me. Hopefully they'll help for organic

[email protected]
bboyzeesh
Rep:
?
Staying in the deen will be too much on results day when we get our A*s and girls are begging for some A* ding dong
LOOOOOOOOL im creasing. weaaaaak asf. :p:p
bboyzeesh
Rep:
?
Physics and maths tutor has really good short notes on organic chemistry. http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...cr-a/module-6/ I would recommend if you read over the notes prepared on the left, and then attempt the sample questions by topic on the right hand side. Most of time you may have a few incorrect ones at the start, but upon looking over the markscheme you start to learn how they award marks so the rest of the 'paper' seems easier. Helps to master specific topics.
Muhamm-u-madbro?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tizzaclaire98)
Here is a super useful document about practical chemistry. Not entirely organic but everything in it could come up on paper 2 and 3 seeing as there was barely any practical on paper 1.
Angels like you exist?
Muhamm-u-madbro?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ifrana135)
If anyone needs the snap revise notes for chemistry or biology email me. Hopefully they'll help for organic

[email protected]
Imagine being this much of a G to people you've just met. The unity, selflessness, MashAllah fam. Someone prays their 5 day to keep the shaytan at bay!
Muhamm-u-madbro?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Physics and maths tutor has really good short notes on organic chemistry. http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...cr-a/module-6/ I would recommend if you read over the notes prepared on the left, and then attempt the sample questions by topic on the right hand side. Most of time you may have a few incorrect ones at the start, but upon looking over the markscheme you start to learn how they award marks so the rest of the 'paper' seems easier. Helps to master specific topics.
Where have you been all my life G? I've been doing this throughout the year 😂 Wallahi this is fate

Also, how's tsr gonna try and non-competitively inhibit our relationship by not letting man like your tings anymore? Snakes everywhere
bboyzeesh
Rep:
?
*SINCE MOST OF US GO TO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS* i would recommend students to post their schools notes, so that we can collaborate notes together and produce a super useful last minute revision guide. If everyone is able to share their notes we can all benefit from it, and different schools will have different methods to approaching questions so if we manage to learn the different approaches to questions especially for chemistry since its very theory based then we can adopt our application to questions.
bboyzeesh
Rep:
?
Where have you been all my life G? I've been doing this throughout the year 😂 Wallahi this is fate
LOOOOOL we're literally the same person fam, and we only just met like 20 mins ago lmaaaaaaaaaaaooooooo. And we both don't even use TSR it's just fate we decided to start using it today haha.
Muhamm-u-madbro?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LOOOOOL we're literally the same person fam, and we only just met like 20 mins ago lmaaaaaaaaaaaooooooo. And we both don't even use TSR it's just fate we decided to start using it today haha.
Next level mad ting bro, idk how this happened but we're getting A*s together now loooooool
Becky.s1928
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tizzaclaire98)
This is so helpful thank you
bboyzeesh
Rep:
?
snaprevise is soooooo useful, i wish i had access to it! oh well, if you've given it to too many people that's fine leave it haha.
ifrana135
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
snaprevise is soooooo useful, i wish i had access to it! oh well, if you've given it to too many people that's fine leave it haha.
Email me
Becky.s1928
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just in case some people haven't seen the clarifications made by ocr these may be quite useful. These are only the organic ones but there is a good chance they might turn up on the paper.
We are pleased to clarify what we consider to be the correct approaches to these topics. Aliphatic and alicyclic The descriptions used in the specification make clear that the category of aliphatic compounds includes the alicyclic compounds. That is, aliphatic compounds can be straight-chain, branched-chain or cyclic (non-aromatic). Alicyclic compounds are therefore also aliphatic.
E/Z and cis–trans nomenclature E/Z nomenclature, applied using the Cahn–Ingold–Prelog priority rules, can be used to name any organic compound containing a C=C double bond. Cis–trans nomenclature can be applied to any such compounds in which two of the substituent groups (one on each carbon atom of the C=C group) are the same. This nomenclature is therefore not confined to compounds where each carbon atom of the C=C group is bound to a hydrogen atom. This means that E is not consistently equivalent to trans and Z to cis. For example, 1-bromo-1,2-dichloro-2-fluoroethene can be classified as cis or trans based on the position of the substituent chlorine atoms. Due to the priority rules, the cis isomer is also the E isomer. E/Z nomenclature should be used by preference for systematic names.
bboyzeesh
Rep:
?
Email me
yep, just emailed you!
jstubbs99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

[email protected]
Emailed you ! notes would be a great help - access to snaprevise??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (27)
17.31%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
31.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (15)
9.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
10.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.49%
I think it's an unfair expectation (39)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.92%

Watched Threads