The Student Room Group

Dissertation

How should choose the topic of a dissertation?
Reply 1
Original post by Fialka2016
How should choose the topic of a dissertation?

There are lots of things to consider when deciding on your dissertation topic.

You need to ensure that your topic is relevant to the programme you are studying. I know that sounds stupid, but when I was an UG student, a number of students had to change their topic as it was not directly related to the degree.

You need to ensure that their is substantial literature available on your chosen topic or you will struggle to compile any form of literature review.

I would advise selecting a particular interest area of your course, something that you will enjoy researching and writing about. Think about a gap in the research of that topic and how you could address that?

You can always speak to your assigned tutor too, they may be able to give you some ideas. Be prepared for them play around with any of your suggestions, as they may help you bring it into focus or recommend a different approach.

It's no easy task trying to finalise a topic. I am preparing for PG study commencing this September and I am already researching and thinking about potential topics.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Alan88

Good luck!

Thank you Alan!
I`m doing masters in Accounting, we can choose the topic in several areas as Accounting, Audit, Assurance, Business Strategy, Management, Financial Management and Taxation. I should the dissertation proposal submit on Monday but still I don`t have any good idea...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending