The Student Room Group

Is Coventry University Good?

I got an offer from Coventry university for automotive engineering, but I am not sure if i should take the offer or not. Is Coventry University good for my course?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by suwakeesh
I got an offer from Coventry university for automotive engineering, but I am not sure if i should take the offer or not. Is Coventry University good for my course?

Why did you apply there? Have you visited the university? It has a strong connection with Jaguar LandRover.

What other offers do you have?
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
Why did you apply there? Have you visited the university? It has a strong connection with Jaguar LandRover.

What other offers do you have?

I am an international student. I cant go there. I applied there for automotive engineering.
Reply 3
I am an international student. I cant go there. I applied there for automotive engineering.

Ok, so why did you originally apply? and what other offers do you have?
Reply 4
Ok, so why did you originally apply? and what other offers do you have?

I applied to this university separately. Through their website. Other universities I will send the application by tomorrow
Reply 5
I applied to this university separately. Through their website. Other universities I will send the application by tomorrow

Why did you apply to Coventry? (It's difficult to advise you without more information..........)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Why did you apply to Coventry? (It's difficult to advise you without more information..........)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just applied. I didnt accept their offer. Once I send to the other universities and get an offer from those universities, then I would accept from them for sure.
Reply 7
I just applied. I didnt accept their offer. Once I send to the other universities and get an offer from those universities, then I would accept from them for sure.

Which others?

As I said, Coventry has excellent links with industry, in particular JLR. Don't be hasty about rejecting their offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Which others?

As I said, Coventry has excellent links with industry, in particular JLR. Don't be hasty about rejecting their offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University of Birmingham
University of Warwick
Loughborough University
University of Sussex
Reply 9
Which others?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought coventry university won't be very good because their university ranking is less.
Reply 10
Wait till you hear back from all universities. Once you have your options laid out, shortlist.
I thought coventry university won't be very good because their university ranking is less.
Reply 11
Original post by amal29
Wait till you hear back from all universities. Once you have your options laid out, shortlist.

Thanks for the tip dude.
Reply 12
University of Birmingham
University of Warwick
Loughborough University
University of Sussex

Are you sure they are all still accepting applications for the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Are you sure they are all still accepting applications for the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. I contacted all the universities. The Deadline is 30th June. After that if I apply then I would go into clearing.
Reply 14
Yep. I contacted all the universities. The Deadline is 30th June. After that if I apply then I would go into clearing.

Did you specifically ask if they are still accepting applications for that actual course? I'd be surprised if Loughborough is still open for any engineering applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you specifically ask if they are still accepting applications for that actual course? I'd be surprised if Loughborough is still open for any engineering applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

most engineering courses for loughborough are still in UCAS extra atm
Reply 16
Original post by FlowaPowa
most engineering courses for loughborough are still in UCAS extra atm

Ok fair enough. Although being listed doesn't necessarily mean they have places left....

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea, but Coventry is not a place I would want to live in.
Original post by KingHarold
No idea, but Coventry is not a place I would want to live in.

Have you visited?
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. I asked them if they are accepting applications for specifically my course ( automotive engineering) and they told yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending