kellyfell
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Please may someone be so kind and help me with this question, Compare an everyday diet to the vegan diet in terms of Dailey intake and variety and health benefits.(positives and negatives) I've looked briefly at how restricting the vegan diet is. I'm still in the process of finding it more just wondering if you could give me your side or opinion to the question. Xx
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kellyfell)
Compare an everyday diet to the vegan diet in terms of Dailey intake and variety and health benefits.(positives and negatives)
1. Do please try to remember your manners - this is a volunteer forum, and a simple 'would someone be able to help me with something...' would be preferable to just dumping a question like this.

2. People will be more willing to help you if you show how you've attempted to answer the question already, rather than just expecting people to do it for you.
kellyfell
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
1. Do please try to remember your manners - this is a volunteer forum, and a simple 'would someone be able to help me with something...' would be preferable to just dumping a question like this.

2. People will be more willing to help you if you show how you've attempted to answer the question already, rather than just expecting people to do it for you.
Do my changes sound better? Or still not up to standard?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kellyfell)
Do my changes sound better? Or still not up to standard?
Come on, don't be like that. You know it's not unreasonable to ask someone to post asking for help in a respectful way, rather than just barking an order by dumping a question.

To your question:

The obvious things to look at is how the elimination of whole food groups affects the nutrient content of the diet. So, if you eliminate meat, fish and all animal products which macronutrients could (note, could, not will) you be deficient in (protein, maybe), and which micronutrients and vitamins (B12 is the obvious concern, but there's more).

On the plus side, what nutrients which we tend to eat more of than we should would be reduced in a vegan diet (think about different types of fats). What about dietary fibre - how would that be affected by the switch to a plant based diet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (217)
74.83%
No (73)
25.17%

Watched Threads