The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what was the answer for the integration by sub (cos^2 = u) i got u^5/10 - u^3/ something
Original post by imstitch
What was question 4 about? I can't remember...

^^
For the transformation I put translate -pi/6 then stretch parallel to x by factor 2 because it ask you to go TO f(x).

Anyone agree or?
Original post by Jamie22149
For the transformation I put translate -pi/6 then stretch parallel to x by factor 2 because it ask you to go TO f(x).

Anyone agree or?

Agree, I'm pretty sure that's right :wink:
Reply 44
Original post by Jamie22149

Anyone agree or?

I put translation by -pi/12 and then stretch by scale factor 2.
Can any one explain the last question, part a and the revolutions one. I dont understand what u were meant to integrate for y^2???
Original post by The 5th Sense
I got translation (pi/6,0) followed by stretch of 1/2 // to x axis

i did that as well. it seemed right to me
Anyone have any possible grade boundarie guestimates? I need to be hopeful for a minimum C 😂
Original post by GenuineHpLaptop
what was the answer for the integration by sub (cos^2 = u) i got u^5/10 - u^3/ something

I got u^5/10-u^3/6 +c, however i wrote it out in terms of x to finish with as the question didn't state what form they wanted it in
Original post by Rahee_Ali
Anyone have any possible grade boundarie guestimates? I need to be hopeful for a minimum C 😂

my prediction: 100:68, A*:63, A: 58, B: 52, C: 46
Original post by Sknenn
I put translation by -pi/12 and then stretch by scale factor 2.
Can any one explain the last question, part a and the revolutions one. I dont understand what u were meant to integrate for y^2???

I integrated the cure y=e2^x but squared it first for the formula. Then used limits ln4 and 0. Then took away the volume of the cone after calculating the height as a 1/2 and the radius as 16.

For me it came out as 253/12 pi
Reply 50
I think it's translation -pi/12 then stretch sf 2 as if translating first you got to factorise the two out
Reply 51
Somebody please answer my question - I got 20 instead of 16 because I had a sign error how much out of 7 marks will I get
Original post by Tarlius
Somebody please answer my question - I got 20 instead of 16 because I had a sign error how much out of 7 marks will I get

I believe it was out of 6, you should get only 1 mark deducted if only the answer is wrong but everything else is right.
What was question 4?
Reply 54
Original post by HGRobets
Translation (-pi/6. 0) Stretch x direction sf 2

If I stated earlier in the question k=1 and wrote my inequalities as x</-9/8 and x>/15/2 but didn't write 'k' how many marks would I get?
Original post by imstitch
What was question 4 about? I can't remember...

4 was the iterative formula with the cobweb diagram
Original post by Benstorr

That's extremely similar to 2015's one, and I feel 2015 was much easier then this.
It'll probably be in between last years one and 2015, so;

A* 60 A: 54 B: 47 C: 43
Original post by The 5th Sense
4 was the iterative formula with the cobweb diagram

Oh I remember it now thxxx
Btw can you remember what's the marks for question 3?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Benstorr

Think I'll get the C though would be nice to have it lower
Reply 59
Original post by Jessxem
If I stated earlier in the question k=1 and wrote my inequalities as x</-9/8 and x>/15/2 but didn't write 'k' how many marks would I get?

Should lose 1 or 2 max surely

Latest

Trending

Trending