amycm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I can't seem to find anywhere that is talking about this exam so I'll try and start a thread lol.

How did you find it??
morrissies
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
pretty bad. (by pretty bad I mean I dont think I got 85 ums which is what i was aiming for)
a ..weird paper, I think.
question 2 was such an annoyance. I wrote paragraphs but I think it was all nonsense.
q3 algorithm seemed too easy so i think i've done it wrong.
dijkstras and chinese postman was done in a strange, convoluted way which is a shame because those are my favourite topics but I think I made some mistakes.

overall, not ideal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anonymousm3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Omg! I've been looking for this thread too xox

I found it ok.
What answer did you get for Q 7i and anything else?
What was that Dijkstras question though???

Someone start an unofficial mark scheme.....
eryk_laroche
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think i did terrbile. jesus christ lol
haikyuu4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was so horrible. I honestly think I didn't even pass. I hate OCR. I can't even get a decent grade in my other subjects because of this stupid exam board.
Alodia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone else feel like there was too much writing and not enough actual working out on that paper? x
eryk_laroche
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did the algorithm question badly so i had to recreate my tables on a continuation sheet . is this fine ?
eryk_laroche
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Alodia)
Anyone else feel like there was too much writing and not enough actual working out on that paper? x
yeah man too much
eryk_laroche
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
;/
Bigzy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For graph theory question, I don't think any questio asked you to even draw a graph if I can remember from the top of my head. Feel its a bit controversial. Lol
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Was a funky paper, hated having to explain stuff :lol: but was ok.
Lol at their mistake.
:shakecane: Y u no bin pack OCR?
Bigzy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the feasible regions question, what did it mean by minimum feasible point? Did it mean the coordinates that gave the lowest output of 3x+13y?
KulawiT
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was ****ing confusing. Even the feasible region question wtffff

i thought you had to make it = 0 turns out you had to just pick a random value and thats what i did at first but it gave such weird coordinates i back-tracked. I think i lost like 15 marks or something.....

Any thoughts
Inker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
completely messed up linear programming. didnt attempt the questions about k. goodbye A grade in maths.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What an absolute joke of a paper that was😑
morrissies
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bigzy)
For the feasible regions question, what did it mean by minimum feasible point? Did it mean the coordinates that gave the lowest output of 3x+13y?
yeah that's what I did.
I think the answer i got was 25 at point C.

then for part iii. where the constraint of x<4 was removed I got a weird fraction that = about 23.6 something or other (from equating the two lines with a negative gradient)

(then for iv. where the minimum had to be whole numbers the coordinate they gave you resulted in a higher number than 25, so the answer was the minimum point is still 25 @ C)
(but honestly this could all be wrong lol)
morrissies
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
for the kruskal/minimum route/k question I think for the last part you also had to combine your answer with what you got for the previous part
so I got
9<k<11 (not sure about the numbers, but i am confident that you had to combine the inequalities because the question said that k wouldn't be involved in the minimum spanning tree, but was involved in the shortest cycle from A. hence combining both)
Bigzy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by morrissies)
yeah that's what I did.

then for part iii. where the constraint of x<4 was removed I got a weird fraction that = about 23.6 something or other (from equating the two lines with a negative gradient)

(then for iv. where the minimum had to be whole numbers the coordinate they gave you resulted in a higher number than 25, so the answer was the minimum point is still 25 @ C)
I got 310/3 as a x/y coordinate when constraint of x<4 was removed. Lol. So this meant my original value/coordinates was still lowest, but oh well. You could be right.
KulawiT
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys can we try make a sensible estimate of the boundaries, I really think this was harder than the 2016 June paper...
0xFFFFail
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Inker)
completely messed up linear programming. didnt attempt the questions about k. goodbye A grade in maths.
the simplex threw me off so hard I'm sure I lost every mark in it, why did OCR decide to give me everything and make me do the second iteration, my only chance of doing it was if we formulated the equations

I'm in the same boat as you tbh, goodbye A in maths and goodbye firm uni.

yeah that's what I did.

up till part 4 I got the exact same stuff as you so fingers crossed it's correct!

for the kruskal/minimum route/k question I think for the last part you also had to combine your answer with what you got for the previous part
so I got
9<k<11 (not sure about the numbers, but i am confident that you had to combine the inequalities because the question said that k wouldn't be involved in the minimum spanning tree, but was involved in the shortest cycle from A. hence combining both)
I wrote them out separately sucks to lose easy marks as simplex algorithm was horrific for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (112)
19.24%
Labour (296)
50.86%
Liberal Democrats (75)
12.89%
Green Party (30)
5.15%
Brexit Party (7)
1.2%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.52%
SNP (13)
2.23%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.52%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.03%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.52%
UKIP (8)
1.37%
Other (4)
0.69%
None (22)
3.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise