edexcel economics B paper 3 (Market Failure and Gov Intervention) Watch

dan2808
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
There was no thread so i thought i would start one!

Our teacher hasn't given us much guidance on the paper three exam, all i know is its based around market failure and government intervention.
Is it a synoptic unit that includes everything we have learnt over the course or is it solely on market failure? Is there any case studies anyone would recommend?
Thanks for the help!
daffy1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will need all the units to answer this paper. The market failure can either come from externalities such as housing, education, obesity, environmental pollution, transport, smoking, alcohol, etc. Where you can put positive and negative externalities. Using the AQA set of market failure diagrams can help with this. If you google them you'll find the diagrams showing welfare loss etc. The other side they could ask is market failure within a market place -ie through monopoly power etc and the problems of productive and allocative ineffiiciency in a broken marketplace, e.g. the energy market. IN the past this spec has had a topic which it has focused on but sometimes it has asked pure macro questions in it so be ready for anything but especially for the two types of market failure above.
dan2808
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you!! That's really helpful. Is it a similar structure to the paper 1 and 2 with a section a and b and similar question lengths?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (368)
67.15%
No (180)
32.85%

Watched Threads