The Student Room Group

Panicking that I won't get into Year 2 of my Uni course

I missed my deadline on one of my assignments earlier in the year. My personal tutor told me that I can do a resit over the summer. I've finished everything else and now I want to get on with the assignment. I've emailed my personal tutor and the lecturer for that unit (he's also the course leader) but I've not had any reply from any of them. I can't start the assignment because they said I'll get a new brief. I am planning to go travelling this summer but daren't go away until I know I'm OK for Year 2. Can anyone advise me what to do?
Original post by Elastigirl
I missed my deadline on one of my assignments earlier in the year. My personal tutor told me that I can do a resit over the summer. I've finished everything else and now I want to get on with the assignment. I've emailed my personal tutor and the lecturer for that unit (he's also the course leader) but I've not had any reply from any of them. I can't start the assignment because they said I'll get a new brief. I am planning to go travelling this summer but daren't go away until I know I'm OK for Year 2. Can anyone advise me what to do?

I think all you can do is wait to get the assignment brief, apart from calling the university itself there isnt anything you could do.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I think all you can do is wait to get the assignment brief, apart from calling the university itself there isnt anything you could do.

Thanks. I am not sure who to call at the university but thanks anyway.
If you are that worried, I would just go into uni and try to talk to the person directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thanks. I'll go in. I'm home at the moment and was hoping to do the assignment at home but I will go back. Cheers.

Original post by kimsk1981
If you are that worried, I would just go into uni and try to talk to the person directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could try calling and asking to speak to the person directly- before traveling back - might save you a trip. Just try ringing the general line and see if they can direct you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by kimsk1981
You could try calling and asking to speak to the person directly- before traveling back - might save you a trip. Just try ringing the general line and see if they can direct you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - can't get hold of him but I will keep trying!
Also send a reminder email - he might be busy or your first one might have gone into spam folder - it is likely that the lack of reply is an oversight rather than being intentional
Reply 8
Original post by macpatelgh
Also send a reminder email - he might be busy or your first one might have gone into spam folder - it is likely that the lack of reply is an oversight rather than being intentional

Thank you! Since posting, I have had an email from my personal tutor saying that the course leader who set the assignment should be sending out resit briefs in July and will let me know if I'm 'on the list'. I was panicking because I hadn't heard anything and I didn't know if they would just kick me out. Also, I felt I couldn't plan anything for the summer until I knew. I am still nervous I might not be 'on the list' but I am a bit more confident because I hope someone at the uni would tell me if there was a problem and not keep me hanging on. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending