The Student Room Group

OCR additional maths fsmq

I have been having additional maths lessons alongside gcse maths. I have been getting Us in the additional maths papers and am simply incapable of getting enough marks to get a good grade. I wasn't sure if I was going to be entered or not for the exam but I found out today I've been entered and the exam is on the 20th. I have absolutely no chance and don't know what to do.
Reply 1
Original post by Dan678872
I have been having additional maths lessons alongside gcse maths. I have been getting Us in the additional maths papers and am simply incapable of getting enough marks to get a good grade. I wasn't sure if I was going to be entered or not for the exam but I found out today I've been entered and the exam is on the 20th. I have absolutely no chance and don't know what to do.

Dont worry about it. It an additional qualification, not an actual GCSE. That being said, id suggest to try as much as you can in the next week to get a good result. Grade boundaries wont be that high (apparently it was 70% for an A last year but dont quote me on that). If you manage to do even pass, it will look good
Reply 2
Original post by Dan678872

It won't be the end of the world if you do badly or not. Like it has already been said it is not a GCSE but rather as the name suggests just a standalone qualification. If I would you I would focus on your other exams that you have at the moment. The grade boundaries are often very low, I took it last year and it was only 59/100 for an A. If you can look through your notes and revise for it, if you don't then it is not the end of the world
Reply 3
I literally got 30% in the FMSQ exam two years ago (which came out as a D), it's not that big a deal - it won't affect your chances of getting into sixth form/college/apprenticeships, and you don't have to delare it on your UCAS form if you apply to uni. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you're not taking A level maths. On the bright side, it did make the GCSE maths exams seem easy!
Reply 4
Thank s for the replies, although the issue is I struggle to see how I can even get a grade at the moment

Quick Reply

Latest