17 and never had a proper boyfriend Watch

Mizz.Unicorn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi so im 17 and i go to a school where there are hardly any girls its about 1 in 10 and I've never had a proper boyfriend I know I'm not super pretty but there are girls with boyfriends that aren't either so I dont understand whats wrong with me. Everyone says i'm a really nice person and i seem to make people laugh I'm just a bit of a nerd but at my school there are more people in my group of friends than in the popular group i just dont get it why am i like this?
cuteoranges
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Get a makeover. Ugly nerd to Popular hottie is a popular TV trope, after that, The Popular Guy will notice you.
Dr. Who
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mizz.Unicorn)
Hi so im 17 and i go to a school where there are hardly any girls its about 1 in 10 and I've never had a proper boyfriend I know I'm not super pretty but there are girls with boyfriends that aren't either so I dont understand whats wrong with me. Everyone says i'm a really nice person and i seem to make people laugh I'm just a bit of a nerd but at my school there are more people in my group of friends than in the popular group i just dont get it why am i like this?
You sound like a nice girl. Don't worry about it! I'm 16 quite shy and never had a girlfriend. It will happen!
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because you're only 17, a lot of 17 year olds haven't..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're 17, a BF should be the last of your worries.
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am 18, never had a proper girlfriend so I can relate. Don't wait for boys to ask you out. Ask them, most men are scared of asking women out. Someone may like you but are too shy to ask you. (I am that type of person.) Just go for it.

And maybe they don't find their preferences/ideas in you. You just have to find the right guy for you. Good luck :hugs:
physicsamor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't have a boyfriend, chill tho chill you don't want one whilst you are in school anyways and school stress and future plans it's not worth it.
Analyst89
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're only 17!

Most people at this age don't have boyfriends/girlfriends. Chill out, have fun and enjoy yourself.

Once you turn 18 you can do online dating, go to speed dating events, meet people through college/uni, join clubs out of interest, even approach men, eye flirt with them, get out there!.

Good luck
butfirst_coffee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't need boys honey
charles dickens
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
chill
you dont need a boy to define who you are
a lot of people haven't got boyfriends at 17
chill and enjoy it while you can
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by physicsamor)
I don't have a boyfriend, chill tho chill you don't want one whilst you are in school anyways and school stress and future plans it's not worth it.
are you a girl? how old are you?

you dont need a boy to define who you are
you are only 17
Coke1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am 21 and soon to be 22 and never had a relationship
ScarletCelestia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
16: Never had a boyfriend either.
physicsamor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
are you a girl? how old are you?
Yes and 18
HeyItzNick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It dosent really matter, take this time to do things you really enjoy doing, some boyfriends may hold you back, its not like ur 30+ years old, then IG that would be bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (146)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (133)
16.9%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.36%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (240)
30.5%

Watched Threads