What to buy for a teacher who is leaving?

Watch
maybeatle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm in year 10 and a teacher who has taught me for 3 years (year 7, 9, 10) is leaving. They teach RE and have made me really come to enjoy and love the subject that much I plan on hopefully doing it for my a levels and possibly in Uni. Me and a friend want to get him a present when he leaves at the end of the summer term just to say thank you basically but we're stuck on what to get him. I was thinking of a bands cd (as he mentioned it in the lesson one time saying it was a good band and the album cover had a Buddhist on etc) or something that is religious but witty/funny? Any suggestions (but no alcohol because I don't know if they drink it)? (I don't want appear to be sad or anything that will make them think we're weird😂)
Edit: Also forgot to mention, pretty sure they're vegan so will have to be suitable
Coolerthanapples
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

you know what to do
Ryanthom100
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by maybeatle)
So I'm in year 10 and a teacher who has taught me for 3 years (year 7, 9, 10) is leaving. They teach RE and have made me really come to enjoy and love the subject that much I plan on hopefully doing it for my a levels and possibly in Uni. Me and a friend want to get him a present when he leaves at the end of the summer term just to say thank you basically but we're stuck on what to get him. I was thinking of a bands cd (as he mentioned it in the lesson one time saying it was a good band and the album cover had a Buddhist on etc) or something that is religious but witty/funny? Any suggestions? (I don't want appear to be sad or anything that will make them think we're weird😂)
Lool u won't seem weird xD just get him flowers and a bottle of wine. Also a good funny card while meaningful at the same time.
voo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did this for some of my teachers since I'm in year 11 and leaving: get a scrapbook/book and get your class to write messages in it. It comes across as really meaningful and your teacher will have it forever instead of downing a whole bottle of wine.

Though flowers and wine are never a bad idea!
tres16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wrote my teacher a poem.
username2775496
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When my favourite chemistry teacher left last year, our class decided to get her a giant Millie's cookie which had the message, Goodbye Mrs Brown. She loved it and gave the leftover cookie to her children.
Hope that helped!
maybeatle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by voo)
I did this for some of my teachers since I'm in year 11 and leaving: get a scrapbook/book and get your class to write messages in it. It comes across as really meaningful and your teacher will have it forever instead of downing a whole bottle of wine.

Though flowers and wine are never a bad idea!
I really like the scrapbook idea but my class isn't the best to be honest and I can't imagine them helping with something like that :/
SKRevision
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by maybeatle)
So I'm in year 10 and a teacher who has taught me for 3 years (year 7, 9, 10) is leaving. They teach RE and have made me really come to enjoy and love the subject that much I plan on hopefully doing it for my a levels and possibly in Uni. Me and a friend want to get him a present when he leaves at the end of the summer term just to say thank you basically but we're stuck on what to get him. I was thinking of a bands cd (as he mentioned it in the lesson one time saying it was a good band and the album cover had a Buddhist on etc) or something that is religious but witty/funny? Any suggestions (but no alcohol because I don't know if they drink it)? (I don't want appear to be sad or anything that will make them think we're weird😂)
Edit: Also forgot to mention, pretty sure they're vegan so will have to be suitable
For a couple of my teachers we got personalised mugs (I mean, they all drink coffee/tea, so it's useful) and cards- and of course some chocolate. Maybe if your teacher has a motto/phrase they use regularly or something, put that on the mug. Or even anything that was really funny (speech bubbles on the mug?)

Hope this helped
MrMoment
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree with the above messages, words are the most powerful gift. A small token of appreciation, like flowers or (suitable) chocolate is obviously great, but it is the words that they will treasure.
jiggly_puff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Giant Dildo
chocolate_cat_99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rum! Well thats what people in my lit class are buying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads