13ANESHA02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
pls help me on this question its worth 6 marks pls it is;
Exam Question- Describe three ways in which ecosystems are altered by obtaining energy supplies (6 Marks)

geography btw guys thx
beckyyfoster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its a bit of an oddly worded question aha
But, is it something like:
Decreased energy supplies (for example sudden loss of an organism in a food chain) would affect whole food chains and henceforth decrease biodiversity in the ecosystem?
If theres decreased energy being transferred to organisms in higher up trophic levels (for example if in a rainforest theres too much of a canopy cover, plants lower down may not be supplied with enough solar energy to photosynthesis rates compared to normal would be reduced). This would lead to herbivores lacking in energy as less energy is consumed, and then organisms whose prey are these carnivores would also have decreased energy supply too, hence affecting multiple trophic levels within food chains. Also, more of the plants may die so decomposers can decompose more plant matter= increased release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere due to respiration of microorganisms and decomposers. Also, more plant matter is returned to rainforest floor for other plants to absorb for nutrients.

To be honest I really don't have a clue, but hopefully that almost makes sense and gives you a little bit of an idea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (67)
19.48%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (74)
21.51%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (63)
18.31%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (71)
20.64%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
9.88%
I haven't started researching yet (35)
10.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed