The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It made me die inside :p: I now hate cats lol but I think I managed to get that question in the end hopefully. It was no way GCSE standard. I also think it's unfair that the essay questions are biased in the sense that they are always aimed at the Medicine applicants if you see what I mean. I didn't understand any of the essay questions either which didn't help haha. Did you find it weird that question 2 only had 2 sections to it, while the others had 3, and always seem to have had 3 previously? I'm looking forward to reapplying next year :smile:
Reply 2
kat_2k4
It made me die inside :p: I now hate cats lol but I think I managed to get that question in the end hopefully. It was no way GCSE standard. I also think it's unfair that the essay questions are biased in the sense that they are always aimed at the Medicine applicants if you see what I mean. I didn't understand any of the essay questions either which didn't help haha. Did you find it weird that question 2 only had 2 sections to it, while the others had 3, and always seem to have had 3 previously? I'm looking forward to reapplying next year :smile:

that probablymeans that medicine applicants are supposed to get higher. you would hope so any way
Reply 3

I ran out of time on the first two sections, but I found the essay ok... I chose the second question, too.

I was kicking myself at the cat questio because I felt like I should be able to do it easily but I ended up fretting about it and then rushing off an answer in the last 5 minutes. I think I got that one in the end, though...
Reply 4
What was the cat question? :p:
Reply 5
It was hard and the time pressure got me in the end. Just glad that everyone else found it the same way!
If I have to apply next year, RVC and Cambridge are off the list.
Reply 6
A friend of mine is a 1st yr RVC student, she got 2 point something in Section 1, followed by a 5 and 9 in sections 2 and 3...... its not the end of the world if you don't do too well
Reply 7
omgs so soo hard not only were the questions hard but the whole timing is so bad i ran out of time on section 2 really badly and had to just guess loads! Somehow the practices ones on the website and books seemed so much easier, I dont know how good a representation they are...
There goes my cambridge application :frown: lol does anyone know if at cambridge (esp Clare) if you have to get a specific %/grade to get an interview or whether it is merely all part of the selection process along with gcses etcetc? bcos i know we only hear straight after the results are released ie end nov
In a word: Pants. Utter pants.

Three words then.

If anyone could make head or tail of that cat question, please enlighten me.
Reply 9
Honestly dont worry! Im not completely sure about cambridge but I remember someone saying that there is a minimum ish score they look for but its easily attainable and the only time you want to have done really well is if you're borderline at interview or you get pooled. Then a good BMAT may sway it.

For RVC its only a small part of the application. I got something shockingly bad but I did okay at interview so still managed to get an AAB offer
Reply 10
The cat question was basically involving energy consumption rates based on mass, using different formulae, then applying various multiplying factors depending on condition of cat, then working out various protein demands by said cat (done on mass, different if they have renal difficulties), then working out which feed they want (energy/protein contents listed). Then working out the right mix of 2 feeds to make the same proportion of 1, all of this in 10 minutes, fun eh :P
What was the cat question??? I'm intrigued now :p:

EDIT: ^ thanks :p:
Reply 12
Was bloody hard wasn't it?! Nothing like the practice-y things I did. Horrible!
I'm glad I didn't have to take it... :p:
are they gonna make it so you have to take it for bristol soon?
oh Im glad I didn't do it!!!
Reply 16
Cambridge and RVC do give interviews before the results come out, so you can impress them then instead!
Reply 17
anyone have any idea when we get sent the results from the BMAT ... im not even sure i want it considering how badly the exam went, but the suspense of the whole applying lark is bad enough without this aswell!!
Reply 18
We get them on Friday unless your school gives them to you before then :smile:
Reply 19
cheers kat ... at least thats one exams worth of suspense out of the way ... this suspense is not doing me any good at all

Latest

Trending

Trending