bushraabdulrub
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone know the grade boundaries to get a C for unit 3 and 4 on a higher paper? (Even if it's last year's grade boundaries, it doesn't matter) It's because I've done so terrible in today's exam and I don't think my grade will be the best so I kinda wanna have an idea so that I'm aware on how well I must do for the unit 4 to actually get a grade C and hopefully above.
lmaooome
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bushraabdulrub)
Does anyone know the grade boundaries to get a C for unit 3 and 4 on a higher paper? (Even if it's last year's grade boundaries, it doesn't matter) It's because I've done so terrible in today's exam and I don't think my grade will be the best so I kinda wanna have an idea so that I'm aware on how well I must do for the unit 4 to actually get a grade C and hopefully above.
its about 30-34 on each paper to get a c
bushraabdulrub
Rep:
?
(Original post by lmaooome)
its about 30-34 on each paper to get a c
So would I need around 60/70 marks for a C out of 160?

Or perhaps what happens if I've done like really bad in unit 3 (which I must have bc I didn't complete all the questions, i was low on time) but say I get 50 in unit 4 will that give me a C?

thank you for your response :cute:
lmaooome
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So would I need around 60/70 marks for a C out of 160?

Or perhaps what happens if I've done like really bad in unit 3 (which I must have bc I didn't complete all the questions, i was low on time) but say I get 50 in unit 4 will that give me a C?

thank you for your response :cute:
its about 34 marks for each paper , considering there are two papers its about 68-70 out of 160 so its decent
but how bad do you think you did like do you think you have about 25 marks
bc say if you get a d in this paper and 50 marks in unit 4 (which according to last year was a high A as 54 was an A*) you may even get around a B if your CAT is decent
bushraabdulrub
Rep:
?
its about 34 marks for each paper , considering there are two papers its about 68-70 out of 160 so its decent
but how bad do you think you did like do you think you have about 25 marks
bc say if you get a d in this paper and 50 marks in unit 4 (which according to last year was a high A as 54 was an A*) you may even get around a B if your CAT is decent
I did awful like I didn't have enough time, by the time I reached the last page (which was worth 6 marks on physics) the invigilator told me to close my exam paper. I won't ever use science again tbh but I'm just annoyed because it's going to be my last GCSE i take and I want to do well like I don't want to lose one whole gcse because of a silly time mistake I had. like i rushed the exam paper and i didn't like the wording of the questions so i spent more time trying to understand the questions. and even when i did do the question i wasn't 100% like core science. i think i got like 25 marks to be fair.
lmaooome
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did awful like I didn't have enough time, by the time I reached the last page (which was worth 6 marks on physics) the invigilator told me to close my exam paper. I won't ever use science again tbh but I'm just annoyed because it's going to be my last GCSE i take and I want to do well like I don't want to lose one whole gcse because of a silly time mistake I had. like i rushed the exam paper and i didn't like the wording of the questions so i spent more time trying to understand the questions. and even when i did do the question i wasn't 100% like core science. i think i got like 25 marks to be fair.
ahh bummer, you missed out the 6 marker and 2 marker at the end about bull bars.
don't worry about it, I'm sure you did fine because that was only 8 marks and I get you the timing was horrific today as biology even though I really enjoy I found difficult to understand.
what I suggest you do is briefly look at all the 6 marks that have come up in each module so in b4 c4 p4 and make notes on the "expected answers" from the mark schemes and also just see what hasn't ever come up so according to all the past papers I've done distribution of organisms and donation came up as a 6 marker so make sure you engage and understand that topic really well in b4, also transpiration has come up as well as photosynthesis and respiration came up in last years paper and also decay and minerals have come up either 2 or 3 times I can't really remember.
in c4 it predominantly revolves around ionic and covalent bonding as well purification methods and testing methods for iodine chlorine or bromine - they normally give you a table with the coloured precipitates formed and ask you to suggest whats present in the water. Oh and metallic bonding has come up.
p4 radiation and unstable nuclei came up in last years paper where you had to suggest the affect of beta on carbon and its properites, carbon dating has come up as well as half life and tracers (which asked you which source of radiation is they most beneficial when using it to detect a blockage in a pipe) nuclear fission has also come up. do these topics in detail to ensure you understand the more complex material so you can get at least a c overall but aim for B overall
I can link them if you want
bushraabdulrub
Rep:
?
ahh bummer, you missed out the 6 marker and 2 marker at the end about bull bars.
don't worry about it, I'm sure you did fine because that was only 8 marks and I get you the timing was horrific today as biology even though I really enjoy I found difficult to understand.
what I suggest you do is briefly look at all the 6 marks that have come up in each module so in b4 c4 p4 and make notes on the "expected answers" from the mark schemes and also just see what hasn't ever come up so according to all the past papers I've done distribution of organisms and donation came up as a 6 marker so make sure you engage and understand that topic really well in b4, also transpiration has come up as well as photosynthesis and respiration came up in last years paper and also decay and minerals have come up either 2 or 3 times I can't really remember.
in c4 it predominantly revolves around ionic and covalent bonding as well purification methods and testing methods for iodine chlorine or bromine - they normally give you a table with the coloured precipitates formed and ask you to suggest whats present in the water. Oh and metallic bonding has come up.
p4 radiation and unstable nuclei came up in last years paper where you had to suggest the affect of beta on carbon and its properites, carbon dating has come up as well as half life and tracers (which asked you which source of radiation is they most beneficial when using it to detect a blockage in a pipe) nuclear fission has also come up. do these topics in detail to ensure you understand the more complex material so you can get at least a c overall but aim for B overall
I can link them if you want
Yess, can you please link them?
lmaooome
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yess, can you please link them?
hi I am so sorry this is so late

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...262-from-2012/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (99)
27.89%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (136)
38.31%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise