The Student Room Group

Worried about the future

I've been posting a lot lately, I know. But I'm really worried. I'm doing my GCSE's next year and I'm just really worried about my future. I really want to become a midwife and I've heard that its really difficult to get a place at university to study midwifery. And to be completely honest, I'm not the most diligent student and I'm worried that my application won't be appealing compared to the other applicants. I know I'm a bit young to be worrying about this but I have anxiety and all I worry about is the future.
God, do I know that feeling.

Let me tell you something. I worried about entry exams to engineering school last year. I was constantly in a state of readiness and panic, until it was over. I worried a lot. And... I messed up bad. Exactly 50/100 points, all things combined. 50% correct answers.

So it's good that you worry. Keep studying, because I didn't study for a goddamn day, and it brought me a lot of grief (although I did get into engineering school). Just don't worry too much. In the end, there's only so much you can do, so let the cards fall where they may.

Good luck!
OMG I'm exactly the same!
Showing this genuine concern for your future implies that actually you are very diligent and so you're probably more hardworking than you have given yourself credit for. Just try and focus all your energy on really doing well in the exams that matter because without those you won't get where you want. Set yourself a target for your exams rather than your future for now and you'll be surprised to see you'll work so much harder to get where you want.
Good luck!
Reply 3
Volunteer, get experience, take a stand alone module somewhere to prove your academic worth.

Do your research, ask on relevant midwifery forums how to get in, perhaps join a relevant society etc.

Quick Reply

Latest