The Student Room Group

Indecisive about my uni choice

Hello everyone, I would like a little advice pleaseeeee.. I chose QM as firm and Manchester as insurance to do Marketing. Does anyone know how low the good unis drop their grades by at the clearing? And if I could easily cancel my place at any of those unis, to choose another one in the clearing??I'm not from the UK so I'm a bit nervous about the decision.. please helpppp!
I chose queen mary because I want to be in a city like London, but my grades aren't the ones that King's or UCL ask for.
Btw, what do you think about queen mary?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by alealel
Hello everyone, I would like a little advice pleaseeeee.. I chose QM as firm and Manchester as insurance to do Marketing. Does anyone know how low the good unis drop their grades by at the clearing? And if I could easily cancel my place at any of those unis, to choose another one in the clearing??I'm not from the UK so I'm a bit nervous about the decision.. please helpppp!
I chose queen mary because I want to be in a city like London, but my grades aren't the ones that King's or UCL ask for.
Btw, what do you think about queen mary?

The top unis like LSE and UCL don't participate in Clearing. For other unis, grades are unlikely to be dropped by a large amount - they might lower the requirements by one grade but not much more. If you really want to go to Kings or UCL you would need to consider taking a gap year and resitting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending