Turn on thread page Beta

The Lovegoods in Goblet of Fire watch

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone realise that Ron and Luna live close to each other. I was reading Goblet and when they're going to the World Cup, Mr Weasley asks Amos Diggory

"Are we waiting for anyone else?"
    And Amos says

"The Lovegoods have been there for a week and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets"
    They were talking about the wizards in thier area.
    So how many Galleons is everyone betting that Harry and Ron are going to meet Luna in the summer.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    Did anyone realise that Ron and Luna live close to each other. I was reading Goblet and when they're going to the World Cup, Mr Weasley asks Amos Diggory

And Amos says

So how many Galleons is everyone betting that Harry and Ron are going to meet Luna in the summer.
    So you are banking on Luna making a play for Ron while Hermione is out of the way??? Could be interesting!

ReputationRep:

And Amos says

Most of us noticed it a short while ago, but it's an interesting topic. There does seem to be alot of Luna/Ron shipping going around since Luna seems to have a thing for Ron.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why ron has never met her before. Certainly he would talk to his neighbor at school.

ReputationRep:
    Probally because she is a loon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    Probally because she is a loon
    And is in Ginnys year (which granted is only one year below Harry's and Rons)

ReputationRep:
    i think JK does make occasional slips in her books. such as the fact that Ron never seems to have Luna before.

i had a list of Harry Potter mistakes/discrepancies before, which i raised with my head of english on a skiing trip to Canada in February 01. Can't remember what half of them are now.

ReputationRep:
    On fictionalley.org, they have a section called 'Flints', mistakes made in the Potter books. Some, JK Rowling has even corrected in subsequent editions!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it's a mistake she made, but now that she realised, harry and ron might meet luna in the summer, which would be cool. i think Hermione would be so jealous which would be funny.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it's a mistake she made, but now that she realised, harry and ron might meet luna in the summer, which would be cool. i think Hermione would be so jealous which would be funny.
    She may have Luna meet Harry and Ron over the Summer. Didn't she say thst Luna was her new favorite character

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yes. Tables are turning? And maybe, if that happens, the Ron-Hermione thing would be quite clearer.

Luna does seem to have a thing for Ron...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    She may have Luna meet Harry and Ron over the Summer. Didn't she say thst Luna was her new favorite character
    Yeah she did say that. And guys you know the way Luna acts so luny well I'm wondering if that's just a put on, because in the department of mysteries when Harry and the rest of them where fighting the death eaters, Luna was acting quite sane, none of her weird comments and funny behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she did say that. And guys you know the way Luna acts so luny well I'm wondering if that's just a put on, because in the department of mysteries when Harry and the rest of them where fighting the death eaters, Luna was acting quite sane, none of her weird comments and funny behaviour.
    Thats cos she knew that it as time to be serious. Even the funniest man alive (metioning no names) would be serious in a time like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Thats cos she knew that it as time to be serious. Even the funniest man alive (metioning no names) would be serious in a time like that.
    Yeah, but the way Luna acts you would think it was beyond her control or sumthin. I was under that impretion untill I got the "Beyond the Veil" chapter.

Yeah, but the way Luna acts you would think it was beyond her control or sumthin. I was under that impretion untill I got the "Beyond the Veil" chapter.
    i doubt it,she's just too dense.remember on the train to hogwarts ron imitates crabbe or goyle and she laughs uproarsiously(sp).i mean,unless the person controlling her had a brilliant sense of humor,lol,to create such a character.also,she probably would've turned against them in the department of mysteries....unless,she wants to get close to ron and extract info about harry from him.hmm....
    abit too far fetched,don't u think?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.