The Student Room Group

OCR History British Public Health

Hi guys. Please can someone walk through the questions that were on the paper? I've had hayfever all day through out my exam so I did so rubbish 😭😭 I've literally been crying because I've messed up so bad!! Please can someone explain what they put for each question? Highly appreciated !! 🙏😣
Reply 1
Well the last source F (last question despite the fact you had to speak about the whole of 19th cent.) , depicted a fat rich man eating a bowl of the poor peoples 'contribution' he was personified as the 1911 National Insurance Act. The source was sattirical , it was the labours view thinking the national insurance doesnt do the poor any good, it just 'eats a bowl of the contribution' (it eats away their money) and they are left with nothing. The skinny mother and the child were just watching the rich man eating away in mockey whilst nothing was being done for the poor even though it was promised.
Reply 2
Sources D AND E disagreed because of whom they were written by. One was from Rowntree himself - a philanthropist who wanted to help the poor but the other source was from a magazine - the times who supported the conservatives . Therefore their views upon helping the poor obivously disagree. This was question 4 I assume.
Original post by BK2000
Well the last source F (last question despite the fact you had to speak about the whole of 19th cent.) , depicted a fat rich man eating a bowl of the poor peoples 'contribution' he was personified as the 1911 National Insurance Act. The source was sattirical , it was the labours view thinking the national insurance doesnt do the poor any good, it just 'eats a bowl of the contribution' (it eats away their money) and they are left with nothing. The skinny mother and the child were just watching the rich man eating away in mockey whilst nothing was being done for the poor even though it was promised.

Thank you !!! That's given me much more confidence as I wrote similar stuff. The grade boundaries are really low, especially for public health. Don't you think ?
Original post by __gurlll1011__
Thank you !!! That's given me much more confidence as I wrote similar stuff. The grade boundaries are really low, especially for public health. Don't you think ?

How do you know that? :smile:
Original post by seedialss
How do you know that? :smile:

Judging from last year's 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending