username3399580
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am going to be doing a postgraduate course for a year. Anyone else travel in from glasgow ? If so how did it go? I don't want to give up my wee flat in glasgow as I may never find a cheap rent again here. Just want to know if your experience of studying was positive or negative with having to travel twice or three times a week.
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by daisyhiphop)
I am going to be doing a postgraduate course for a year. Anyone else travel in from glasgow ? If so how did it go? I don't want to give up my wee flat in glasgow as I may never find a cheap rent again here. Just want to know if your experience of studying was positive or negative with having to travel twice or three times a week.
Travel to ayr via public transport is a pain to be honest. There are buses and trains but they can be absolutely mobbed at rush hour. Avoid rush hour if you can.
Mcneill22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I am starting first year education in September and also plan on traveling from Glasgow to ayr as have a flat in Glasgow to. Hoping the travel isn't too bad! I plan on driving, what about you?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did this journey in my fourth year studying at Ayr. I found it no bother at all really travelling by train from Glasgow to Ayr. The walk from the station to the campus is a little annoying but the train journey isn't too bad. A little long, but you don't need to change trains so it's relaxing enough.
Faye__1996
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
TBH if you live near / can easily access Glasgow Central it isn't bad at all. Around 50 mins on the train. UWS campus is around a 5/10 minute walk from Ayr Station (walking beside a busy road, across the road to Ayr College then keep walking to UWS beside the river). It's actually in a really nice bit of Ayr.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (187)
58.26%
I don't have everything I need (134)
41.74%

Watched Threads