The Student Room Group

First summer at uni

I'm a physics student and I've just finished my final first year exams, and realised I've not got much planned for the summer. I want to keep my brain active and alert so was thinking of starting a project of some kind, but have no idea where to start.
I'm back with my parents and kinda in the middle of nowhere, so I wouldn't be able to get a summer job without constantly pestering my family for lifts, and since I didn't really go into my overdraft that much I have no need for one, so any advice would be helpful.
Original post by suiagg
I'm a physics student and I've just finished my final first year exams, and realised I've not got much planned for the summer. I want to keep my brain active and alert so was thinking of starting a project of some kind, but have no idea where to start.
I'm back with my parents and kinda in the middle of nowhere, so I wouldn't be able to get a summer job without constantly pestering my family for lifts, and since I didn't really go into my overdraft that much I have no need for one, so any advice would be helpful.

Why not learn to drive? That way in future you wont be as reliant on your parents for lifts.
Original post by suiagg

Learn to code maybe? I imagine you do some in your degree already, but if you found something that you really wanted to achieve, you could then learn coding by trying to achieve it.

Or if you want to keep up the Physics, perhaps start some pre-reading for next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending