A2 sociology paper 2 - beliefs & family Watch

Brainonload
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What predictions do you guys have for the beliefs in society paper tomorrow?? Any thoughts will help. I haven't bothered looking at conservative force because it already came up in the previous 2017 mock and I've left science and ideology as I don't have time to revise it!! PLEASE HELP THANK TOU !!
Also what could possibly come up in the families and households section aswell? As I need to unfortunately rely on luck and pick 3 topics to revise tmrw morning before the exam
Mwasher711
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Chill friend, I'm only just starting revision for the paper but there is still trine. First off, science and ideology is quite important so maybe skim over that, I think it's likely that they will make questions relevant to the modern world and so will probably ask questions on changing roles in the family and just general social change, e.g. Position of children and childhood, demography and changing patterns, also surveillance, and finally sociology of personal life. For beliefs, I think a question on secularisation is possible along with questions on religion as a force for change.

Finally, make sure you know each perspectives views on both family and households and beliefs, and also the difference between a social action approach and a structural one
gomc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1st paper had really weird questions tbh i didnt know what to write
Brainonload
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mwasher711)
Chill friend, I'm only just starting revision for the paper but there is still trine. First off, science and ideology is quite important so maybe skim over that, I think it's likely that they will make questions relevant to the modern world and so will probably ask questions on changing roles in the family and just general social change, e.g. Position of children and childhood, demography and changing patterns, also surveillance, and finally sociology of personal life. For beliefs, I think a question on secularisation is possible along with questions on religion as a force for change.

Finally, make sure you know each perspectives views on both family and households and beliefs, and also the difference between a social action approach and a structural one
Haha, I'm panicking sorry, oh ok that's very helpful thank you !!
Brainonload
Rep:
?
(Original post by gomc)
1st paper had really weird questions tbh i didnt know what to write
Yeah that's true that's why I'm scared for paper 2, let's hopefully AQA don't screw up haha good luck ! Hopefully we'll all be fine
Mwasher711
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sociology is definitely graded more towards essays which utilise the item and fully address the actual question you are asked, you can still do well without memeorising every study etc but you need a really good understanding of how everything fits together, it's important to get the fundamental differences between and main perspectives on a theoretical levels and how this affects how they study society and individuals, also it's important to understand the progression of both families and belief systems from traditional societies to modernity/post modernity, and how this relates to perspectives in sociology and their assumptions
Brainonload
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mwasher711)
Sociology is definitely graded more towards essays which utilise the item and fully address the actual question you are asked, you can still do well without memeorising every study etc but you need a really good understanding of how everything fits together, it's important to get the fundamental differences between and main perspectives on a theoretical levels and how this affects how they study society and individuals, also it's important to understand the progression of both families and belief systems from traditional societies to modernity/post modernity, and how this relates to perspectives in sociology and their assumptions
Oh ok thank you very much for this information, very helpful!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (114)
59.07%
No (79)
40.93%

Watched Threads